Go to sleep, Yato

"Hehe"

...

"Hehehe"

......

"Pfftt hah"

............

"AHAHAH- OW!"

A hard rock bounced off Yato's head and left a red bump

A hard rock bounced off Yato's head and left a red bump. "Yato it's 2 am, shut up and let me sleep!". Yato sighed, rubbing his head "Alright, alright". He sent one last message and turned his phone off. Yukine rolled onto his back and rubbed his eyes, "What's on your phone that's so funny?". Yato turned over, his back facing Yuki to hide his smile, "Nothin'". "Nothing?". "Mmhm..". Yato curled himself up in his futon. "You've stayed up until 2 am over nothing?". Yato stayed silent. Yukine assumed he had fallen asleep. He tried to get more space on the futon, but had to settle for the few inches Yato gave him.

A dim light illuminated Yato's face, a smile reappearing.

...

You yawned softly with your face glued to the phone. It's been a week since your encounter with the stray god. Although you were unable to make time to see him again, you kept in contact through text every day. You stifled your laughs as your thumbs tapped your screen. Poor Yato.

Yato told you that Yukine just threw a rock at his head.

'Did you deserve it?', you replied.

A little text bubble appeared then, a few moments later, his message came through.

'No 😤 I basically birthed him into life and this is the kind of respect I get! 😠🤬'

'You birthed him ? So who's the baby daddy? 😂😂👉👌'

'😐'

'Jk jk 😇'

'Wanna meet up somewhere tomorrow? There's someone I want you to meet'

'Who is it'

'Her name is Hiyori'

Your heart sank and a lump formed in your throat. Your thumbs hovered above the keyboard. A girlfriend?!.. Wait why do I care if he has a girlfriend or not? It's his life, I mean, I just met him this week! Is he texting her now too? If I were his girlfriend, I'd be pretty pissed if he hugged a girl like he hugged me... Not that that'll ever happen obviously, he's just my helpful friend... I gotta stop denying myself about this. I just met him! What kind of crazy fool gets a little crush on someone after one week?!

You continued mentally scolding yourself until another text popped up on your screen.

'[Y/N]? Did you fall asleep?'

'No sorry! I just had to go to the bathroom'

Before he could question your lie, you quickly typed.

'I'd love to meet her tomorrow! Where and what time?'

'We'll come to your place at around 10, we'll figure out where we wanna go when everyone's together'

'Okay 👍'

'And by the way [Y/N]'

'?'

Yato chuckled softly as he typed.

'She's not my girlfriend 😁'

'Girlfriend? Why would I need to know that?'

You tried to act natural, he can't see the furious blush on your cheeks.

'You're too easy, [Y/N]-chan~😉😚'

A kissy face emoji? This is not a drill [Y/N]! This is not a drill!!

'Lol I could care less if you had a girlfriend'

'That's good, then it will be no problem to introduce you to my girlfriend one day'

HE DOES HAVE ONE?!

Yato grinned to himself as he waited for your reaction, you were too fun to mess with. After a few moments, the bubble finally appeared.

'Wouldn't you want to introduce her to me first? If she's that special and all'

Yato could almost hear the sarcasm in your voice.

'Okay, which one do you wanna meet first?'

HE HAS MORE THAN ONE GIRLFRIEND?!?! Oh this is just g r e a t .

'Ooh you're the player type huh? 🤨'

'It's mostly for the orgies'

You nearly screamed in your silent household. THIS IS TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH! NOPE! BYE BITCH! IM D O N E

Yato noticed your silence and smirked. He decided to clear the air once again.

'I'm just messing with you [Y/N]-chan~! 😋'

You swear you felt your soul leave your body.

'Yato... what are you on?'

'My futon, why?'

'... Yato you're sleep deprived, go to sleep'

'Aw but I want to talk to you all night! ☹️'

A smile reappeared on your lips.

'I'm tired too, let's at least get some sleep before we gotta get up 😴😴'

'Okay [Y/N]-chan, sweet dreams!! 😊😴'

'Good night, Yato 😊'

Yato shut off his phone and placed it on the futon near his chest. A smile lingered on his face as he stayed awake for a few more minutes, thoughts of you running through his mind. You're too easy, [Y/N]. He finally closed his eyes and went to sleep for the night.

You shut your phone off and laid it on your pillow. You pulled your blanket over your shoulder and tucked under your chin. A smile refused leave your lips as you closed your eyes, thoughts of Yato lulling you to sleep.

You better not wake me up with another text, Yato.