I'm positive, Yato

"Yato what's wrong? You're acting weirder than usual"

A shot fired in the distance, echoing in the forest. You felt Yato nearly leap out of his seat from the sudden noise, but the restriction of four people in three seats kept him confined.

His sudden reaction made everyone's heart lurch in fear.

"Yato what's wrong?!" Hiyori repeated your question louder.

Yato cleared his throat and collected himself to relieve the tension in the taxi. "Sorry, I don't like gun shots, it must be hunting season around here... Hey, uh, did you guys notice it looks like it's gonna snow soon?" Four pairs of eyes looked towards the sky, each making their own mental predictions on how much snow is held in the clouds.

"Oh, you're right" you stated plainly, following Yato's aim to avoid further conversation about the gun shot.

As the minutes ticked by, the trees slowly dissipated and modern buildings replaced the scenic route. The building grew taller, wider, and the traffic became so intense, people were walking faster than the taxi.

The taxi soon turned out of the traffic and towards a smaller building down the road, a more affordable hotel. Of course, this was New York, nothing was that affordable. The four of you rented a studio; one big, open room with only the bathroom with a door.

You sighed and tossed your luggage on the pullout sofa.

"Ugh, I can still hear the horns beeping..." you muttered. The one of the windows was open slightly allowing the nearby traffic to be heard clearly.

Your annoyed thoughts were interrupted by warm arms wrapping around your body and a sweet scent enveloping you from behind. A smile tugged at your lips as your turned your head to peek at Yato. "What's up?" You asked, placing your hands over his. "Nothin... It seems really Stormy around here". "It's a city", you stated, turning to look back out the window, "there's bound to be a lot of bad intentions around here". His grip tightened around your waist at the sound of increased Storms and danger.

You wanted to enjoy the moment you were sharing with the stray god, but another feeling assaulted your gut as your hand flew to your mouth. You ripped yourself from Yato's grasp and made a mad dash to the bathroom. The door slammed behind you as gut-wrenching sounds echoed in the room.

Yato watched you in shock, completely taken aback by your sudden actions. He approached the door and leaned his ear against the wood. "Y/n? You okay love...?" He asked in an almost scared voice. He heard your heavy breathing through the door before you finally spoke up. "I'm alright. I just feel... sick".

"What do you mean by 'sick'?". You let out an exasperated sigh. "'Sick' like my stomach is rejecting everything I ate today". Yato blinked a few times before a thought popped in his head. "Y/n I'll be right back. Try to relax while I get you some stuff". He didn't wait for your response as he walked towards the bed, opened a bag and pulled out his phone.

After a few minutes of research,  a heavy blush spread across his cheeks. "Is Y/n okay?" Yukine asked quietly, Hiyori observing the conversation as well. "Uh yeah, she'll be just ducky in no time". He flashed them an unsure smile and hurriedly shuffled into the bathroom.

You looked up at Yato from your position in front of the toilet. "Where's my 'stuff'". Yato rubbed the back of his neck and gave you a cheeky smile. "Well we need to go shopping for it.. annnd something else". You raised an eyebrow in suspicion, "That is..?". "Ah, well, turns out the 'pull out method' doesn't always work". Your lips were sealed shut; you knew what he was going to say next. 

"Turns out there's sperm in precum soo you might be pregnant?" He stated more as a question.

~~~

You paced back and forth in the bathroom, catching glances of the pregnancy test. You picked up the plastic stick, one bold pink line and a second faint line threatening to appear. You looked at Yato who was standing in the doorway with the others behind him.

You held the stick close to your face, preventing anyone else from seeing the results before you. Soon enough, a soft beep echoed in the bathroom. You looked back and forth between Yato and test.

You remained speechless and instead and held the stick up for them to see.

Hiyori pulled in a sharp breath and Yukine peered at the test in pure confusion. Yato held the most emotion in his eyes.

"Are you sure it's right?"

"I'm positive, Yato"