#2 News

Today is Mizuki's 17th birthday, Hiryuu quickly got up to ready himself, excitement is evident in his face. He likes Mizuki, she's kind, smart, beautiful and fun to be with. He admires her whole personality too. Grabbing his bag and a small box, his gift for the birthday girl, Hiryuu then sprinted out of his house.

Getting on his bicycle, he rode to his school. At the road outside his Village, he saw some police officers and some people forming a crowd, there's a small pool blood in the floor.

It seems that there was an accident that night. Hiryuu thought to himself as he evades the people continuing his way to his school.

Arriving at their school, Hiryuu parked his bike as he walked to the library directly. He was quite surprised that Mizuki wasn't there yet. It's already 6:30 and she's usually there by now.

Hiryuu took a seat in a corner waiting for Mizuki. He waited for her until the bell rang loudly. He furrowed his brows as he walked to his room a bit confused and worried.

At lunch time, Hiryuu finally couldn't take it and went to her room. He asked their teacher who's still in the room, asking where Mizuki is.

The answer of the teacher shocked him, Mizuki is absent with unknown reason. Mizuki wouldn't do that, if she's sick, she'll call their teacher or send a letter to school.

Worry is starting to spread to his whole body. He feels that something is off, something isn't right, there's a problem. He feels it but can't really say what is that problem.

He was uneasy all day, until he went to the Madrika mansion. There he witness a sight.

Crowd of people here and there, police cars and officers in the front, and they are talking to the Madrika couple.

He approached them and hears what the people was talking about.

"How pitiful, she's bright and still so young."

"Yeah, it's even her birthday today right?"

"Dying so young, that girl has a bright future, such a waste."

"Did they find the driver already?"

"No, it's a hit and run, it'll probably take time."

"That driver is too cruel, I heard from the medics in the area this morning that she could've been saved if they immediately called an ambulance."

"I agree, he's heartless, the girl is too pitiful, her life ended so soon."

"Are they going to hold a funeral?"

"I think no, the body is too unbearable too look at they say, it seems that they'll cremate her."

"Oh, I was planning to pay respects if they do a funeral, she helps me a lot in looking out for my daughter whenever she plays in the park."

"Yeah me too, such a kind girl meeting such a bad end."

"Why is she even out when it's dark? I think I heard that she had a luggage on her, did she run away?"

"Maybe, we all know how she's treated in that house."

"If she could tell the authorities that they abuse her then she'll probably be much better."

"Yeah, I wonder about that too, I wonder why she didn't tell them."

"She'll end up being criticized as an ungrateful and hateful girl if she did."

"Why so?"

"Because the Madrika couple took her in, they fed her, they let her go to school, and even give her a home."

"Anyone can give that, that's the basic rights that children should have."

"Oh well, I'm not that close to the family, I just hope that she'll be at peace."

Hiryuu didn't listen anymore and approached them, he didn't want to believe whatever it is in his mind, a hypothesis is circling in his mind, only a confirmation will end it.

"Excuse me, can you tell me about what you're talking about? Who died? Who was the one involved in the accident?" Hiryuu asked in a hurry, his tone urgent yet still respectful l.

"The girl living in that mansion, Mizuki I think, that's her name, she died while rushing to the hospital, a stranger called earlier this morning that they found a girl, she was involved in an accident. If they could-" before they finish Hiryuu run off to the mansion.

"Mr. And Mrs. Madrika!" Hiryuu called out loudly enough to gather attention to him.

"Who are you?" questioned by the couple Hiryuu didn't answer and just asked a question.

"Did Mizuki really die?!" he asked in agitated voice.

"Are you her friend? If so, I understand, yes is the answer to your question, Mizuki died earlier this morning" Mr. Madrika said in a tone as if talking about an everyday topic.

Hiryuu was devastated, he didn't take the news well, he kept getting nightmares and eventually had insomnia.

Following that, he eventually fell into a state where he'd hallucinate. The others couldn't take it anymore and called his parents. Hiryuu's parents came to get him to get treated in States.

Two years had gone by, Hiryuu recovered from his depression. He can finally take good care of himself as long as Mizuki or her death isn't mentioned.

He then beg his parents to let him go back to the Philippines. After a half of year of begging, they finally let him go back. While on flight, Hiryuu was jolted awake by a loud sound.

Then heard the tell-tale sounds of the gear coming down.

Whoooosh! Plop!

Alarm immediately broke out from throughout the cabin. The relief, however, would be premature.

The captain once came on the speaker and advised them in a very calm voice, “Ladies and gentleman, we think the landing gear is down but we want to make sure. We are going to do a quick flyby of the air tower for a visual inspection. Please standby for more information.”

After doing a fairly close pass by of the tower, the Captain came back onto the PA and said,

Thanks folks. The tower has given us a visual on all of the landing gear but we are not sure about the nose gear. They see it but they are not sure if it is completely down. We are going to land anyway because of our fuel situation. The Flight Attendants will be giving you instructions. Everything is going to be fine. You will likely see emergency vehicles greeting our aircraft. Please do not be alarmed because this is standard protocol.”

However after that words, a loud sound of explosion was heard and the plane crashed down .

All went blank, Hiryuu's body hurts until he became numb of it.

Only one thing came into his mind by then. Not his fear of death, not his parents or anything else.

"Ahh, I'll get to meet you soon Uki"

After that, he fell into a deep sleep. A sleep that you'll never wake up after.

.....

Please vote and comment! ^_^ love lots~