#3 New Life, New World

There was loud chatter in a huge manor. Cheers and congratulations ringing throughout the halls. Smiles spreading wide from one to another. It was a happy celebration, it was the birth of the first child in the family after all.

Loud cries of a baby girl rang through inside a room. Heavy breaths of a young woman can be heard by everyone. They all held their breath as they held the baby girl in their arms.

Soon after, a new sound of a baby's cries followed after the baby girl's, this time, it was a cry of a baby boy. A pair of twins was born in the household of Prodefius.

The baby girl stared at the eyes of her mother, the look of fear in her eyes can be seen by no one inside the room.

The young woman in the bed, even though exhausted, carried her with gentle touch. She caress her cheeks softly and smiled.

"Don't cry my angel, Mommy is here with you," she said, her voice gentle and caring. Her touch loving and motherly.

"What would be her name, Duchess?" the midwife asked, her eyes shining with a bright look. The smile in her lips reflecting all the smiles in the room.

"Naomi Venus Scarlet Prodefius, my lovely daughter," she said with a tone full of love.

"She's a beautiful child, just like her twin brother, what's her brother's name?" the midwife said and placed the baby by her side.

The woman smiled and placed the Naomi by her twin brother's side and said, "Kaizen Freol Scaler Prodefius, my little prince."

"This is a great day Duchess! The whole family will be celebrating, should we inform the Duke?" that seemingly innocent question wiped the smiled away from the servants and the young madam's faces.

"No... It's unnecessary, Lisia, you can head out with everyone," she said and gave a bitter smile, "now."

"Understood Duchess, please excuse us," the head maid said with a bow and left with the confused midwife.

The room was covered in silence, only the occasional whimper of the babies can be heard. Soon after, a sob escape the Duchess' throat.

"It's going to be alright, I promise that I'll raise you two, even if your father isn't here with us."

The deep sound of her sobs can only imagine heard by the babies in her side. She didn't notice how their cries wither and how they stared at their crying mother.

A few months later.

It was already six months after the twins were born. Congratulations can still be heard whenever the Duchess held tea parties. The twins were praised to be bright and kind. And even though the Duchess knew that those are only empty words, she still felt happy.

"My lady? Where are you? My lady?" the maids are scattered across the whole floor. The young lady of the house is missing again.

It started about a month ago, when the young lady started crawling. She would go missing for a few minutes until it became hours. She would be found crawling in anywhere she can reach, there was even a time where she was found almost falling in the stairs.

Naomi is a bright child, well according to the maids. She would only calls her maid's attention whenever she needs something. She would even help to calm her brother whenever he cries too much.

Even at times where the twins were playing with each other, Naomi will always be the one taking care of her twin.

This actions made the whole manor love the little lady. Little did they know, the soul inside that tiny body, contains a 16 years of modern knowledge.