I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? [5]

I managed to avoid Kai and Cairo most of the day, but I still had Art. There was no way I could avoid them during that lesson, and I could almost guarantee that after this mornings confrontation- if you could call it that- they would try to talk to me.

There's no way I'm letting that happen.

"There's no way you're letting what happen?"

I looked at Chris in bewilderment. "You can read minds?"

"As if," he snorted. "You said it out loud."

"Oh."

"So?" Chris asked, referring to my previous 'announcement', "what is it that you have to stop from happening?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just, um, nothing."

"Right..."

"Chris?" I turned around in my chair to face him. I'm surprised the teacher hasn't busted us for talking.

"Yes?"

"Do you know any of the new kids? Or like, have them in any of your classes?"

His eyes widened a fraction, almost like that was the last thing he would expect me to ask.

"No, not really. I have one girl- Kimberly, I think- in my math class and two guys in my music class, though. Why?"

Two guys... Could that be Kai and Cairo?

"Do you know the names of the two guys?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Yeah, one's Lucas and the other's Jacob," he replied, wearing a confused frown. "Why are you so curious all of a sudden?", he demanded.

If Chris doesn't have either Cairo or Kai in any of his classes, how do they know him? They're all definitely trying to hide something. But that's okay, I've always wanted to play detective; I mentally smirked.

"Ally?"

I jumped in shock, "God, don't scare me like that!" I scolded, holding my hand over my heart, "What?"

"You didn't answer my question. Why are you suddenly so curious?" Ugh, I forgot to answer him.

"I'm not. I just-" The sound of a shrill bell cut me off.

Then, one thing I never thought I would ever need to say came into mind.

'Saved by the bell'. If this was a different situation, I would've laughed, but in this case, I was thankful.

"This conversation's not over," Chris declared, pointing a finger at me, before leaving the classroom to head over to his next lesson.

Next lesson...

Art!

I immediately started to panic. There was no avoiding them if I showed up to Art!

Unless you ditch...

No, I've never ditched before. That's not like me.

There's a first time for everything.....

But I could get in trouble!

Ugh! Why am I making such a big deal out of this? And now I'm talking to myself, too! It won't kill me to see Kai and Cairo again, it's only for 50 minutes...

As much as I tried to comfort myself into believing everything would be okay and nothing strange would happen, I couldn't get my mind to actually believe it. It's like I knew something was going to happen, and the only way to avoid it would be to not show up.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if I ditched. I mean, just this one time. Never again.

With my mind set, I made my way to the girls room.