I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? [15]

Later than I promised, sorry!:(

--------------------------------------------------

I blanked.

I'm not even kidding when I say my face was void of any emotion. I was so taken aback that I had no idea how to react.

Never did I think I would hear those three words.

You're my mate.

Of course, because I'm an absolute knob and can't deal with a straight answer, I had to veer the conversation away from the true meaning behind his words.

"Yeah, I know we're friends..." Even as the words were leaving my mouth I was mentally screaming profanities at myself. What kind of idiot would play dumb at a time like this?

Oh right; me.

At this, Kai let out a short breath of laughter. "Only you," he murmured.

Yeah, only me...

"Let me just give you some time to think about it."

And with that, he left. God only knows why as it's his house, not mine.

Deciding it would be best to leave; I did exactly that.

I got a lift home from Melissa, who thankfully didn't ask any questions about what went down with Kai. I thanked Melissa as we stopped outside my apartment block, and got out of the car.

As soon as I opened the front door I was being bombarded with questions, one after the other.

"Where were you?!"

"Have you seen the time?!"

"Don't you ever check your phone?!"

"Why didn't you call one of us?!"

Blake, Trey, Joey, Matt and Kyle were all stood in front of me in a line, creating a wall of human flesh between me and the rest of the apartment. I silently wondered why Kyle, Matt, Blake and Trey were never at their hotel, but said nothing.

"Would you all just shut up? Stop acting like you own me. And it's not even that late."

"It's nearing winter so it gets dark earlier, Ally! It's dangerous out there!" Joey barked.

Their 'overprotective-ness' was starting to annoy me. It had been years since I had seen the other guys, and I rarely saw Joey; so why did they think they could play the big brother role? They had no right.

"Don't pretend that you care, you're never even here!" I defended myself. "And you guys," I said, addressing the other 4 boys, "I haven't heard or seen from you in years so you have less of a right than Joey!"

"That's because you cut us off!" Trey argued. This was true, but I decided not to comment and just carry on with my rant. I wanted to get it all out in the heat of the moment and by Trey turning it back on me it wouldn't work out too well.

"I'm only 17 and I'm literally living alone! Do you understand how scared I get sometimes? Not to mention this isn't exactly the nicest or safest neighbourhood to be living in!"

"That's exactly why we were worried, Alexa! Because this place isn't nice, or safe. It's dangerous for you to be out this late." Kyle pleaded.

"Yeah, cut us some slack. We just care about you, Ally," Matt spoke up.

"Too little too late," I muttered, before barging past them and into my room; not forgetting to slam the door, just for dramatic effect.

I noticed that throughout the entire exchange Blake didn't utter a word. When the boys scolded my, he stayed silent. When the boys argued with me, he stayed silent. Why?

Maybe it was because he knew I was in the wrong and was waiting for me to figure it out on my own? Maybe.

I knew I was in the wrong but just didn't want to admit it. Obviously, I let the whole 'mate' situation with Kai get me worked up, and ended up taking it out on probably the only people I know care about me a hundred percent.

Letting my mind wander back to the whole thing about werewolves and mates was a bad idea.

I couldn't deny I was strangely attracted to Kai. But did I want to be his mate? I liked Kai, I really did. A lot. But I couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life with a werewolf.  From what he told me, having a mate was a full-time commitment. Could I handle that? Probably not. Something in my gut was telling me it wouldn't work out with Kai. That something would go wrong. That it was dangerous. But my heart was telling me to go for it. That you only live once. That I was given an opportunity to act upon the attraction I had towards him.

'Always follow your heart'

'Always trust your gut instinct'

I don't think the people who invented those sayings understood that in some cases they could contradict each other.

After a long think, and I mean like a 2 hour internal debate, I finally came up with an answer.

Another saying: 'Always trust your gut instinct, it's God speaking to you directly'

I had made up my mind.

No. As bad as it sounds, I did not want to be Kai's mate.

Could I just deny him as a mate? Who knows.

Was I going to regret this decision? Who knows.

Was I going to go through with this decision?

...

Yes.

-----------------------------------

Please don't forget to vote and comment! :) Also please vote this story for the best jaw-dropping scene under the special awards category (click on the external link on the side:D) thanks for the support guys!!

*hugs*