I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? [7]

"Uh, yes?" Tyler said. It was more of a question than a statement.

Guess what I did?

I laughed. Hard.

Infact, I laughed so hard I was doubling over, clutching my stomach with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Didn't quite catch the joke..." Tyler muttered, looking at me like I was crazy. I noticed that every other person in the room was also looking at me strangely.

"Are you mocking us?" Robert, Kai's father, asked. The anger in his voice was clear as glass.

"No!" I quickly sobered up, "Of course not."

"You don't believe us, do you?" Alicia asked, looking sad.

"Well, duh. Why are you looking so upset?" I understand I ruined their joke by not playing along but I don't see why she was on the verge of tears.

She didn't say anything, she simply turned and walked out of the room, closely followed by her twin brother.

I suddenly felt bad for making her upset. Maybe I should've played along...

"Um, I think I should leave..." I muttered, quickly walking towards the exit.

Before I could reach the door an arm shot out and stopped me. It was so fast that I didn't even get a chance to stop myself, so I ended up walking into the arm. And an extremely hard arm it was.

"Cairo, prove it to her."

I looked up at Robert in confusion. How could he possibly prove to me that he was a werewolf? That they all were, for that matter.

A part of me, the sane part, was telling me to keep on walking and to not look back. But another part of me, a really small and stupid part was telling me to turn around.

Of course, me being the absolute idiot I am, I turned around.

Big mistake.

I turned around just in time to see the human form of Cairo, turn in to a huge black wolf, his clothes ripping to shreds in the process. I stood there, my jaw nearly touching the cool tiled ground and my eyes so wide that it hurt.

How the hell...

After what seemed like forever, I was knocked back into the present. Everyone was once again watching me expectantly, waiting for me to say something. And boy, did I say something.

"You just ripped your clothes."

A mixture of frustrated groans and growls echoed around the room.

"Ally!" Tyler, Jasper, Kai and Sofia yelled at me.

"Well, sorry! I just witnessed a teenager mutate into a freaking wolf!" I yelled.

"I don't exactly know how to react to that!" No one said anything so I carried on.

"I have so many secrets of my own, did you really expect me to be able to handle" I gestured to the huge brown wolf in the middle of the living room, "this?!" I could feel my eyes prickling and I knew if I didn't leave right away I would end up in tears in front of every person- pardon me, wolf- in the room.

"You're the one who wanted to know!" Tyler shouted back.

"And I'm sorry I ever did!"

And with that, I stormed out of the room, out of the house, and off the peremisis.

-----------------------

I got home about an hour later because I had to walk. I slumped to the ground against the wall next to the front door and ran over the days events.