TAEHYUNG

LETTER FOUR
To Kim Taehyung

The boy whose smile is brighter and lovelier than the sun. The kind of smile that gives goosebumps, creates double takes. The kind of stranger you'd want to see again.

Ah, I miss your presence. How are you? Are you having more happy days than sad days? I miss calling you squishy.

You were always like bubbly champagne, making everyone happier, even if they had to fake it. Your popularity and ability to make friends with everyone created envy in people who didn't even know you. You were like deep emotions behind a wall of shimmering laughter because your duality amazed me as you could be serious when you wanted to. When you were serious, the world stopped and imitated you. You were like warm, cuddly sweaters, bent plastic straws and old jean jackets with new patches.

Every time I think about how we met; it makes me laugh. I'm so glad it's still crisp in my mind. It's the kind of amusement you want to cherish and keep in a little box.

Your ring covered hand was in the back of your hair, flicking it up and down, the bright blonde and slightly coral strands looking soft. Your legs were apart as you bounced up and down, energetic with usual attitude. Your big, coffee coloured eyes opened in joy as your brows raised. An apricot coloured jacket hugging your frame and roomy pants. But what caught my attention was the smile on your smooth face. A boxy smile, taking up your face that made laugh lines as you held a shiny microphone. You looked like you were having so much fun whilst working at an amusement park.

"Come check Kooky out- our bunny!" You shouted, wanting everyone's attention but most people walked straight past you. You were just doing your job which was to entertain.

"He'll be here for half an hour!" You patted Kooky's shoulder. Despite the avoidant looks and ignoring, the cheer on your face didn't disappear as you aggressively whispered to your friend in the pink rabbit costume to wave at the kids walking past... Including my younger sister and brother.

And you Taehyung... You really wanted families to meet your friend in what looked like a very sweaty costume. "So, kids come to meet Kooky ! He doesn't bite!". You were perfect for your job because although people were walking past you, they couldn't keep their eyes off your buzzing energy. Maybe that's why you got hired straight away. "Sometimes he bites me though. Bad bunny, isn't he?" You even managed to make some people stop and meet Kooky .

Including me.

My siblings tugged at the end of my denim jacket, pointing towards the bunny but my eyes stayed focused on only you. What was it about you that made me feel so attracted towards you? Your glamour, the smile, your figure or-

What always makes me laugh and still to this day, brings a blush onto my cheeks is your accidental words. "Yeah, you should come on over." You accidentally spoke into the microphone, looking directly at me. Our similar eyes met as they both held nervousness. "I mean... Everyone! Come on over!"

I've had a lot of time to think about what made you so attractive. I'm sure I wasn't the only one tripping into a puddle of adoration due to your presence that day. My list grew longer during and after our time together. It has to include your soft smirks between sharp remarks and your reassuring whispers in my ears, you making shadow puppets with a flashlight and inviting me to join, you dancing to 80's music and holding my hands even if they're sweaty, reciting the alphabet when needed or maybe those actions just made me fall for you.

So, my siblings met Kooky and I took a picture of them, smiling. I could feel your gaze on me the entire time as I clicked away, nerves building up inside my stomach. "How are the pictures? Any good?" You asked and moved the microphone away from your lovely lips, addressing me.