stay with me this time

Seventeen – Ending chapter

Serenity rushes to the bus platform, afraid of missing her ride home.

Fortunately, she doesn't and thanks the bus driver before paying him.

Serenity sighs when realising there are no vacant seats on the bus, so she stands towards the front, with others standing and overworked individuals.

That's until a female with shoulder-length hair and dingy russet eyes that appear black at first glance rises and gives up her seat for Serenity.

"Thanks." Serenity smiles and pats her shoulder. She would usually never accept such a kind favour but today had got the best out of her.

She just wants to go home and sleep.

Serenity fidgets in her seat before placing her bag between her feet and she leans back comfortably, joyous with the window seat she was given.

Then the person beside her offers his white earphone to her.

Serenity doesn't look up because at first all she takes in is the ring covered hand, holding a single earphone to her to take and she's so confused.

That's until she looks up.

And when Serenity sees a warm smile directed at her from a past lover with dark careless strands, star-filled eyes, a protruding jawline and the cutest nose. She takes the earphone gladly.

She hears the music.

Because Jungkook was the one who owned her heart anyway.