Isara Mao

friend

/frend/

noun

a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

-----

It was a quiet evening, spending time with your old friend who just came by to drop as he was near your place. It's been years since you've seen each other.

After hanging out on a cafe the both of you wanted to enter during middle school, you both head towards your place, wanting to continue chatting.

Mao talked about how he became an idol, how the school he goes to is extravagant and also about how Ritsu was still the same as ever, and by that is his sleep demeanor and brother issues.

It was then when he talked about this girl, whom he referred to as Anzu, a producer of their unit. He seemed enthusiastic and lightened by how he talked about her, how his eyes would gleam in joy as if he were narrating the best moments of his life.

To say the least, you were quite envious.

"Have you ever thought of confessing to Anzu-san? If you don't hurry, then she'll definitely get taken by someone else,"

"We're idols, and she's our producer, that's just going to start a scandal,"

His female companion huffed out, tired of the maroon-headed boy's attitude.

"You're both still human, not idols nor producer, it's natural to fall in love,"

"Remember when Tsu-kun and us both would always talk about getting married and the likes? You always talked about marrying a girl who knows you well and you can rely on," you looked at the bedrugingly confused male, "Aren't you basically foreshadowing her?" she exhaled, making sure it's heared by the male.

"It's...complicated, I don't want my feelings to overwhelm me," his eyes drooped, face scrunching over the topic, "I don't want to ruin our relationship."

Mao then looked at you, seeing how you pouted while he was talking about the said girl.

"How about you, (f/n), talking about relationships convinces me you have a boyfriend now," and now was his turn to huff out some air. You looked down, the serene atmosphere around you felt so nice, but your topic was killing it.

"Nah, it'd be years 'till I get one, I'm actually fine with just you and Tsu visiting my place from time to time," you smile, a small faint blush adorning your cheeks, "It makes me feel special to be friends with people who have unique personalities, it's almost as if I'm the third wheel."

You laughed at your own statement, but deep inside quite hurt, Mao didn't bother prying to your feelings.

"You'll get one eventually, don't sweat it," was the only thing you heard from him.

Well, that didn't help.

He let out a chuckle, and looked back at you.

"Why were we even talking about relationships in the first place, its not like we need it," he added, "I'm already bothered by the student council and my classmates, what if I had a girlfriend to attend to?"

He obviously tried to lighten up the mood, you thought. "Then wouldn't that make you ten times more reliable?" you stated.

"Having to balance acads and your girlfriend would make you look like the type to consider things carefully, and isn't that what girls want from men?"

Another huff came out from you.

"I bet she feels the same towards you," you mumbled, with a ping of edginess.

"You... think so?" he gazed towards the sky, it's brilliant dark blue hue with speckles of shining stars.

"I bet my life on it."

----

I'm just really bad at romantic scenes knsdkndkfdn and I think I could make a part 2 of this

IM SORRY ITS SO EDGY I CANT