Resentful

You've taken me under
Round in circles like you know you do
I've called on my brothers
They said don't call me 'til you know you're really through
But every time it feels like
This could be the last time
Where's the good in goodbye
If I give this one more try
It's hard 'cause they say that if its true love it never dies
Oh what a oh what a feeling
The one that I thought that I needed
Was incapable incapable of needing me back
Incapable incapable of loving like that
  -keyshia cole

Kenai-

Packing the rest of my things out of keelin's apartment I stopped to look around the room taking a deep breath. As I continued to pack the last of my things the more pain ran through my mind and heart. I hated him. I hated what he's done to me.

He changed me and molded me into a woman I could no longer remember and for that I resented him. He coaxed me into aborting my precious baby only for another woman to have his child. He caused me to have two miscarriages and blamed my weight instead of the stress the doctor said was put into me. He constantly came home late and wasn't their when I needed him.

I don't get these men. You'll Pursue a female you don't want and won't let her go and
I hated myself for allowing him to do this to me. It's funny, I seem like such a strong confident woman but I'm really a broken saddened child, begging for the help of a mother who never came.

She never was their, to change a bottle, to braid my hair for school or take me dress shopping for prom. She wasn't their to give me away at my wedding nor was she their to help me through my heartbreaks or losing my children and I resented her too.

Grabbing my suitcase I made my way out of the door, throwing the key by the door before packing my car and driving off to the voice of Toni Braxton's another sad love song.

That night-

"Girl you me afeni and Apryl are going to the club, no if ands or buts about it so go get dressed. I'm tired of seeing you like this" rolling my eyes at Africa and Afeni while they sat at the the foot of my bed grilling me half to death.

  Rising up and out of my bed I made my way toward the bathroom "pick my outfit yea?" Glancing at afeni, she nodded while I stepped into the shower

Club All Owt-

"We just some fine big bitches I swear on my mama" nodding my head I sipped slowly on my Long Island Iced tea swaying side to side to computer love by Zapp.  "This throwback is giving me life"

"Yea but I came here to shake my ass so" laughing and rolling my eyes at afeni I shook my head before speaking "where's apryl?"

"She said to meet her in the VIP section" cocking my head to the side I sipped on my tea "why didn't you tell us this an hour ago when we got here asshole ?" walking off before she could speak I made my way over to apryl in the vip area with the girls behind me "hey babygirl" I cheesed while hugging her "my sister in law! Girl where was you ten drinks ago"

"Traffic" she rolled her eyes and let out a soft hmmm.

"Well anyways, I want you to meet a couple people ok?. This my crew ya know. Mellz, Jodi, miracle, Xaiden, and Ghost."

"Gang, this my sis Kenai, and her annoying ass friends" cackling I shook my head waiting for Africa to say something rude, "bitch the only thing annoying is the size of your forehead now shut the fuck up "
Nodding my head as I sipped on my drink I slowly took in my surroundings, catching sight of each person until I saw him. Immediately my body began to heat as I stared at him from the bottom of his toes to the tip of his waves.

Stuck in my gaze, I didn't notice him stare back until a small smirk formed upon his lips. Breaking the trance, I sipped more on my drink and walked away back to the bar to get a refill.

The barista smiled before asking what I wanted and before I could answer a deep rich voice spoke for me "cranberry vodka, light ice and a lemon" sucking my teeth I turned to look up at him as he towered over me. "You know me?"

"Better than you'd think."