25

I woke up smiling the next morning when I remembered that Joe was going to teach me how to play guitar. When I looked into my wardrobe I decided to wear something nice so I chose a black top with denim dungarees and a plaid flannel paired with white doc martins

 When I looked into my wardrobe I decided to wear something nice so I chose a black top with denim dungarees and a plaid flannel paired with white doc martins

Classes went by quickly that day and when the bell finally rang for lunch I walked through the corridors to the auditorium. Sat on the stage was none other than Joe with his guitar and two chairs. We smile at eachother when he notices me. I walk on stage and take the seat next to him. 

Smiling he explains about frets , chords , and strumming patterns. He sits in front of me and places the stylish guitar on my lap.
" Okay so the first chord to learn is C." He says.  He grabs my hand and I feel tingles run up my arm.  He places each of my fingers on the correct place and uses my other hand to strum the strings. I smile at the noise that comes out of the instrument.

After a few more chords I notice the lack of distance between us. I feel a blush rise to my face. He seems to notice as he looks into my eyes. His gaze flickers to my lips and back to my eyes. I notice the different shades of brown in his eyes. He leans in and my eyes flutter shut. I lean in and I can feel Joe's breath on my face and

The bell rings.

My eyes snap open and I silently curse. We lean back in our chairs and smile at eachother. I hand him back his guitar and he reaches for the case. I start walking back up through the auditorium and stop when an idea pops into my head. I turn around and walk a little further. He looks at me .

" Joe! I was thinking... Well since we have to be there anyway for god squad. Um that maybe we could go to Sugar's party? together?" I blush. " As valentines?"

I see him smile and I hope that's good.

" Absolutely." I smile and turn around then hesitate and spin around to look at him again.
" See you then " We smile at eachother before I walk out of the auditorium and towards my next class.