.eleven.

I wake up in Namjoon's arms. Just as friends. I repeat in my head over and over again.

His arms are wrapped tightly around me and I try to carefully remove myself from his grasp without waking him up. I roll off of Namjoon and lift my arms above my head to stretch. Namjoon's mouth is slightly parted open as he snores. Not a moment later, his lips close slowly as he wakes up. Namjoon turns his head so his face is buried in my hair.

"Good morning," he says sleepily, the words muffled from the locks. "Sorry if I suffocated you last night. I tend to hug things while I sleep."

I smile as I turn to look at him, admiring his ability to look cute and attractive even so early in the morning. "Good morning," I respond, forcing myself to crawl out of bed after putting on my glasses.

I change out of my cotton shorts and pull on jean shorts, keeping on the basic white top from yesterday. The first thing I do after brushing my teeth is prepare coffee, knowing both Namjoon and I would need it to wake up entirely. For breakfast, I usually just grab an apple or something from the convenience store on the way to the bus stop, but seeing how it's the weekend today, I pull out the pancake mix Haeri had bought a while ago.

I hear Namjoon get out of my bed after I make the batter and start flipping pancakes. The sound of shattering ceramic behind me causes me to jump, and I turn around to spot Namjoon with a horrified look on his face, frozen in shock.

I sigh and turn off the stove. "Maybe you should stay out of the kitchen from now on. Can I trust you to sit at the table without breaking anything?"

Namjoon slowly nods with a pout, walking over to the table and hitting his head. "Stupid Namjoon," he mutters under his breath.

I bite my lip and hold in my laughter as I once again bend down to pick up the broken mug. "How is it possible to even be so clumsy?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"I don't know!" Namjoon says, frustratedly amused himself. "I really try. I honestly do. I just lose control of my own movements at times."

I laugh. "I'm sure it's a side effect of your intelligence; your body can't keep up with your brain."

Namjoon beams. "I like that excuse. Thanks, Yuna."

I bring the stack of pancakes over to him and also bring over two sets of plates and utensils.

"Thank you. It's rare for me to sit down at a house or apartment and eat a real meal."

I place a pancake on my plate and reach for the syrup. "Who would you say is the best cook of the group?"

"Jin hyung? Maybe? It's hard to tell because we all never cook. Jin hyung definitely cooked a lot for us while training and the beginning of our debut, but because of all that's happened, he's gotten a little rusty. Jungkook and Suga hyung I would say are also really good."

I nod. "So they would be the ones to get married first. Men being able to cook is one of the biggest turn ons, next to singing."

Namjoon's eyebrows raise. "Is that so? Should I start singing for you?"

He starts shouting random lyrics terribly off-key, cheeks puffed up from the food still half-chewed in his mouth, and I cover my ears as I laugh. "Save that for your future wife. You'll definitely win her over with that."

Namjoon grins. "Right? I agree."

"Have any of the members secretly dated at all? It must be hard to not be in a relationship for so long when most of you guys want to get married and live a more normal life."

"A couple members tried dating secretly towards the earlier stages of our career, but they never lasted long. I personally haven't. The only reason being the fact that I never met someone that caught my eye."

"Yeah? What exactly catches your eye?"

"Intelligence." Namjoon stares straight at me as he lifts another bite of pancake into his mouth. "Someone real. Unfiltered and simple, but sophisticated. Understanding, complex, well-spoken. Someone that just has this energy of unspoken knowledge and compassion. And, if you'll allow me to be a little cringey, someone I feel like was made specifically for me. Like we were made for each other and support each other through everything. Where we're both able to grow as people and survive life together. Someone that loves me."

I stare at him, unsure of what to say as I soak in his explanation.

"What about you?"

I look up at the ceiling as I start to think. "I don't really know. My only exposure to love has been what I read. Any other form of compassion is either fake or very shallow, so I don't know if my desires are realistic or not." I return my gaze to Namjoon. "I've never been in a relationship before, but I've observed so many to the point where my friends go to me for relationship advice. It's quite ironic. They say I have this uncanny ability to read people."

I stand up and grab the dirty plates. Namjoon helps me bring them over to the sink and I wash them as he puts them away in the dishwasher to dry.

"Do you not have work today?" I ask. It was nearly ten.

"I can go in a little late. This early in the comeback, whatever choreography I end up learning is bound to change."

I laugh. "That's irrational. And totally irresponsible of you. I didn't know you were like that."

I hand him the last dish and Namjoon straightens after closing the dishwasher. "Usually I'm not."

I raise my eyebrows, waiting for further explanation but he doesn't provide one. Instead, he just gently pats my hair before reaching for his mask and heading to the door.

//

No cap couples washing dishes together may possibly be one of the cutest images ever fight me I dare you.