[LIAD] Chapter 23 [Chunin Exams]

[26] Shion doesn't like showing weakness in front of people unless it's someone she trusts.

Fun fact about me: My mother was the one who introduced me to Naruto. She was watching it a day after she got released from the hospital with my brother. I was four at that time and it was the same day the episode of Jiraiya and Naruto went to find Tsunade was aired.

[*] Raiton: Tojikomerareta tamashii → Lightning style: Trapped soul.

[this is not an existing technique in Naruto, I invented it.]

No one's POV

'Second part...' Shion thought biting her lower lip and sighing. She was worried about the genin and the whole happening that would take place in the Forest of Death. Her head was on the clouds today and she albeit trying to not lose focus, she mind would still wander and think about all the possibilities that could happen.

"Shion, you're too stiff. Loosen up a little." Haru uttered earning him a glare to which he flinched and backed a step. "I mean, if your team sees you like this they would be concerned and they could lose concentration." He hurriedly explained and made the pink ombre haired female to drop her gaze making him sigh in relief.

"In any way, as I explained to you before I'll be with them for these three days. I'm not sure why, but I'm certain there is going to be a mayhem. Take care of yourself while I'm gone. Remember to close the gas when you finished cooking, your mask is in your closet, don't forget the keys when you're going out and close the windows before you go to sleep, and turn off the lights in the storage room--"

"Shion, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself. You should consider treating yourself the way you care-- g-get worried about me... and others." Myoui sighed and weakly smiled. 'If only I could... but I can't. Not now.' Her pearl aqua eyes traveled towards where the second part of the chuunin exams would be held.

Her heart was beating fast despite the fact the she was not a participant; she unconsciously held Haru's hand who was beside her. "You think they'll be fine?" She asked in a low tone. She needed consolation and didn't give a single care even if he was to lie in that particular moment.

The -not so flustered like a second ago- boy responded. "Of course they will be. They're strong after all." She simpered and nodded. "You always say what I want to hear." She uttered softly before letting his hand go and bidding him goodbye. "See you in three days!" The chocolate cherry haired male exclaimed waving his arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi, Konohamaru! I know it's that lame box disguise again! Stop following us!" Naruto exclaimed pointing at the recycled prop that the trio used days before. "As expected. We can't really sneak behind you!" The brown haired boy said getting rid of the object.

"Hey you three brats! What are you doing here?" Anko pointed a finger towards the children who shivered. "They're here for the interviews. The Hokage told us yesterday." Shion appeared scaring the three genin and academy students.

"Shion-nee!" "Ah, right. You have fifteen minutes, no more!" With that the tokubetsu jonin left. "Hurry up before Anko returns." The three nodded eagerly and ran off to Team Seven. "Shion-nee, can we ask you some questions too?" Konohamaru looked at her with puppy eyes which made the latter lose her composure for an instant before clearing her throat.

"I'm not a participant though." "Just a few, please!" The brown haired boy pleaded making the latter sigh and nod before sitting down beside Naruto who was on seventh heaven for some unknown reason. "Alright! Nee-chan, how old are you?" This question made the three genin perk their ears up. Even they didn't know the response to that question.