Chapter two

"Did you think it was that easy to get out of here?" Unknown laughter filled the air.

Alarmed the girls searched for the owner of the voice.

It was a person.

They were unable to make out his features properly, his smirk was the only thing they noticed.

"Haven't you heard of this place? People who come here, never return" He mocked.

"What do you mean? We were just camping here. We're leaving now" Amelia replied.

"uh-uh. No can do. Its already too late, kiddos" he smirked again.

Something about his attitude alarmed the girls immensely as they held on to each other unable to think of anything. If the police didn't arrive in the next few minutes, they knew something was going to happen.

"Its not late. The police are on their way here. They may reach any minute now. If you want to save your ass, you better get out of here" Eva responded.

Eva's answer strengthened the rest of the girls. They felt like they could get out of this together. They hoped the police would arrive any minute and they would all be safe.

The stranger laughed.

"The police?" he burst out laughing again.

"look around you, sweetheart" he said.

As the girls looked around them, they noticed something strange.

People.

Strange people started coming out of the forest staring at them. They were surrounded. The people looked scary, they seemed angry at the intrusion.

"What do you want?" Amelia asked.

"Look at what you people have walked into..." the stranger mocked. "Your precious lives are going to end today. All your dreams, aspirations are going to remain unfulfilled. So sad, I'm going to cry" he laughed.

Amelia could feel Grace crying. This was not the time to be weak, she thought. She knew this was what the guy wanted. And she wasn't going to break down that easily. Luckily, she had Eva who wasn't the type to get scared that easily.

"You didn't answer my question! I asked what do you want? If you bandits need money, we'll give you what we have and we won't mention it to the police. You can let us go" Amelia replied.

"Bandits?" the strangers expression changed to a murderous one. He wasn't laughing anymore.

"I would refrain from using such terms if I were you. Especially when your lives are in our hands" he raved.

"p-please let us go...I beg you. I made a mistake. We wont ever come here again" Grace stuttered. She resorted to pleading hoping it would work.

"y-yes, please let us go. Were sorry" Maria followed as the rest joined in.

The stranger smirked again. He liked that they had to beg for their lives. He enjoyed their fear. All of this disgusted Amelia. This guy was probably a psychopath who ran a mental cult, she thought.

"Maybe I'd think about it, if all of you asked me nicely" He responded referring to Amelia and Eva.

The girls turned towards Amelia and Eva.

The look of desperation on their tear stained faces was too much for Amelia. Their lives were at stake. They had to try everything to save themselves.

"Please, let us go" Amelia muttered as Eva followed.

The look of satisfaction crowned the stranger's face. He was enjoying this so much. Amelia wanted to strangle him.

"I can let you all go, on one condition" his smile exposed his evil intentions.

He pointed at Amelia.

"You all can leave safely only if you leave her behind" He revealed in a serious tone.

"You Bastard! What do you mean?" Amelia raged.

"Think about it..." He continued "You all can save yourself if you sacrifice just one friend of yours. It'll be like nothing ever happened. You can continue to live your lives and achieve your dreams. Happy ending"

"No" Grace retorted. It was the first time she spoke so bravely.

"Too bad then" The guy replied before signalling the people in the forest. Slowly, they started moving towards them. The girls trembled with fear.

"WAIT" Eva yelled.

She turned towards Amelia.

"Are you okay with this? Are you fine watching your friends die when you could have saved them?" Eva demanded.

Amelia was too shocked to even say anything. Eva made it seem like it was her fault, they were in this situation.

"Stop it, Eva. What are you saying?" Grace interrupted.

"Then what Grace? Should we all die here? Who ever disagrees with me speak up now" Eva replied.

Not a single soul spoke up.

Amelia's heart sank.

She looked at each of them as they did not meet her gaze. She knew their answer.

"What would you do if you were in Amelia's situation, Eva?" Grace questioned.

"I would sacrifice myself to save my friends"

Amelia knew she wouldn't. Eva was selfish but she claimed she was just honest.

"Stop acting like you actually care about Amelia, Grace. We all know what you had done to her..." Eva's sharp words hit grace like an arrow. Grace didn't speak up after that.

Amelia had no idea what they were talking about but she didn't want to ask about it now. She couldn't believe her friends could betray her to save their own skins.

"You can take Amelia. In return, Let us go!" Eva demanded.

Is this what they call friendship? Were they really her friends? Amelia felt numb. She didn't want to fight anymore. They were right, she should just sacrifice herself to save their lives.

Tears started running down her face as she looked at Grace.

Grace looked at her with tears in her eyes as she said "Im sorry"

"Very well! You guys can leave. But if you utter a word of what happened tonight to anyone, you are dead. We will find you and kill you. Don't forget, you are the reason for this girl's disappearance" The stranger threatened before he headed towards Amelia.

He grabbed her hand and headed towards the forest. One by one the people also started heading back until they all disappeared.

The forest returned to the same eerie silence it was in...

Before Amelia disappeared forever.

----

I really hope the first two chapters were entertaining. Support me if you like the story, ill be motivated to update faster! Thank you and have a nice day loves:)