Chapter three

"Alpha she's here" Brian informed.

Nathan didn't respond as he continued to pretend he was working. As if all of this didn't faze him however Brian could read his anxiousness. His behaviour was far from normal.

"You're worried that she's human" Brian stated.
Nathan looked at Brian. Worry clearly etched on his face this time.

"I don't know how this is possible..." he replied. "if my dad gets to know that she's human I don't know what he'll do to her"

"She's your mate. He can't do anything." Brian answered.

"She's my mate...but she's human. That's exactly why I'm afraid. You know about the relationship our pack has with humans"

"Don't worry. Take things as they come. For now, don't let anyone know she's your mate. I asked Mathew to get her here as a hostage"

Nathan looked pained.

"She must be the unluckiest person to have me for her mate"
----

"Why did we have to bring her hostage? Don't we usually erase their memories and let them go? When was the last time we actually got some humans here?" Mathew asked Brian

"We were lacking a few human workers here" Brian replied.

"Then why her? I mean, there were six of them there? Why is it her?!" he motioned towards the continued yelling and banging on the door.

"Kill me you bastards! Why have you locked me here?!"

"Stop being so inquisitive, Mathew. You're third in command. Not the Alpha" Brian retorted.

"You're the Beta, but you know! Why can't I?  This girl is such a pain..."

Brian cleared his throat abruptly as Alpha Nathan made his way. Mathew quickly moved aside.

"Don't you want to see her, Alpha?" Brian questioned.

Nathan walked away without replying. They all could hear the continuous yelling from the room. Nathan couldn't bear to see her in pain when he was the reason for her misfortune.

"Why would Nathan want to see a mere human worker? What is wrong with you, Brian? Seriously..." Mathew replied.

"He's Alpha, Mat. Do no call him by his name" Brian shook his head. "Besides, It's almost morning, have you checked if the border patrol have changed their shift?"

"Nope. I'll head over there now. If it weren't for those stupid girls, we would have had a peaceful night." Mathew expressed before heading outside into the forest.
---

Amelia sat on the floor of the locked bedroom wondering what would happen to her now. Her friends had left her. They left her to die. They betrayed her. All these thoughts kept going around her head.

She couldn't believe all of this had really happened to her. She still felt like she was going to wake up and shed probably be in class with grace right beside her. She wasn't able to accept all this.
From the time she came here, Amelia wasn't able to sleep for a second. It was morning now. The sun was out.

She headed towards the window to see if she could escape, or maybe she'd die trying but that was better than staying here. The bright sun hit her face as she sighed.

The window had grills. She couldn't escape. Almost as if they knew she was going to try this but then again, she probably wasn't the first one to get captured like this.

Almost immediately, she heard the doorknob as she braced herself to face whoever was entering.

It was the stranger who bought her here.