06

"This is it,"Pope said as they pulled up in front of the stone wall with an old house beyond it.

"Not the Crain house,"John B groaned.

"What? What's so scary about it?"Vicky questioned.

They all climbed out of the minivan and looked up at the house.

"I heard that Mrs Crain buried her husband's head on the property,"JJ said and turned to Vicky.

"I'm sure that's not true,"she rolled her eyes.

Pope climbed over first, then John helped Kiara up as Pope caught her and safely let her down on the ground. Vicky was next and she stepped up onto JJ's hands. She grabbed the top of the wall and hoisted herself up, smoothly dropping down on the ground.

Once everyone was over the wall, they carefully walked through the garden filled with weeping angel statues and overgrown grass.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place,"John said, only to be shushed by Pope.

"What stories?"Vicky turned to JJ.

"There was a story where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since,"Kiara said.

"On certain nights, when the moon is full... You can see her through the window."

Kiara laughed and Vicky rolled her eyes.

"I swear to God guys, this is all true,"JJ said.

"How would you know?"Vicky turned to him.

"I knew Hollis Crain."

"What?"Kiara turned to him.

"How did you know Hollis Crain?"Pope frowned.

"She used to babysit me. She told me all about it... She told me the truth about her mother and what happened in this house."

They stopped walking.

"So, as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father and she was a murderer and all,"JJ said.

"Hollis didn't believe it... Until that night."

"What night?"John questioned.

"It all came back to her."

JJ turned to face the house.

"When Hollis was six, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink... full of blood."

"Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then Hollis noticed something,"JJ frowned.

"Her mother going into the parlor constantly. In and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass and Hollist decided to use the outhouse... As she's using it, she looks down and, right there in the outhouse, is her father's head looking straight back at her."

"That's bullshit,"Vicky said.

"I swear to God."

"Did she call the police?"Pope questioned.

"She didn't have time,"JJ answered.

John walked away, continuing on the path toward the house.