08

JJ had already left to find Kiara and Pope that night, but Vicky had other plans. She went over to the Cameron house and banged on the door.

John B can't stop her now.

"Come out here, Rafe Cameron!"she continued to pound her fist on the door.

It swung open and Ward glared at her.

"You,"she pointed at him.

"Go home, Vicky,"he said.

"Where is he? You think I didn't see the twenty-five thousand reward pasted all over the town?"she questioned.

"My brother wouldn't kill Peterkin, and you and I both know it."

"Tell that to the cops searching for him,"Ward said.

"Look, you're emotionally unstable. You're feeling stressed. Go home, Vicky."

He proceeded to close the door but she stopped it and ducked under his arm, running into the house.

"Rafe Gabriel Cameron!"

"Vicky?"Rose walked out of the kitchen and frowned at the girl barging into the house making a big fuss.

"Go back inside. Vicky, go home,"Ward demanded urgently, the anger in his voice growing visible.

She ran up the stairs and let out a yelp of pain when he grabbed her ankles and dragged her down. She winced on the wooden floorboard as her head throbbed from hitting the steps.

"You and your brother are a bunch of pain in my ass,"he grumbled and pulled her up.

"Suck my dick!"Vicky spat and she punched him.

He wrapped his fingers around her throat and slammed her against the wall.

"Dad! What are you doing?"Rafe ran down the stairs.

"Go back to your room, son,"Ward warned.

Vicky gasped for air, but she wasn't afraid. The truth was that her brother isn't a murderer and she would go through anything to get that truth out.

"I-I'll keep her quiet! Just let her go,"Rafe said.

"I'll make sure she leaves."

Ward turned to him and contemplated his options before he released his grip on her.

"Maybe you should have some time to process things,"Ward said before he went up the stairs.

Vicky rubbed around her neck and slid down the wall, her body going weak after fighting with him. Rafe leaned down and slid his arm under her legs but she pushed him away.

"Please, Vic, you're not okay right now,"he pleaded.

He carried her into his arms bridal style and she let him. He brought her up to his bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

"Talk to me, babe,"he said.

"Don't call me that."

"You shot Peterkin, and now John B's taking the fall for you,"she turned to him.