07

"Baby! Baby!"

JJ ran into the house and jumped onto the bed, waking up a sleeping Vicky.

"John B did it. We found the gold!"

Her eyes shot open and she gasped.

"Oh my God,"she laughed.

"We're going full Kook, baby,"he grabbed her face and kissed her.

"You were dead asleep so we melted down the bars anyway and we took it to a pawn shop. And then when we were trying to pawn it off, this lady told us to go to Resurrection Drive to get the money, but there was no warehouse and we got robbed at gunpoint, but John B and I saved the gold. Turns out, it was Barry who robbed us so we went to his house and I took his stash,"JJ dropped a bag beside her as he finished his rambling.

"Where's John B and the rest?"she frowned.

"They... They didn't like it, Vee. They said they're sick of my shit,"he said.

"J, what happens if Barry hunts you down for taking his money?"she questioned and sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"I'll deal with it,"JJ reassured.

She went quiet, processing whatever he just dumped on her.

"You too?"he scoffed.

"No, baby. I'm just worried for you, okay?"she reached out and cupped his cheek in her hand.

"Where do we stash the money?"

He smirked, the tension slipping off his body as he grabbed the bag and he pulled up her mattress with her on it. He dropped the mattress back down and climbed onto the bed.

"Done."

"Are you hungry?"she questioned as he crawled toward her and laid down in between her legs, his head resting on her stomach.

"I just wanna stay here,"he said.

She ran her fingers through his hair and played with it.

"You should pay off your restitution,"she said.

"Baby, I don't wanna talk about it. I just want to be here with you."

"Okay."

She lifted his chin up to look at her and frowned at the new cut on his lips.

"Did he hit you again?"she questioned.

She pushed him onto the bed and lifted his shirt up, grimacing at the bruises on his sides.

"JJ,"she groaned.

"He wanted to steal from me,"JJ scoffed.

"I beat him up and I told him I wasn't scared of him anymore,"he said.

He pulled her on top of him and she straddled him, gently caressing his cheek.

"I hate seeing you get hurt,"she whispered.

He leaned into her touch.