[30]

Luhan's PoV...

I sighed and closed my eyes as I let the water drizzle down my back. I kept thinking about what Xiumin said earlier. I don't really know how I'll face him without feeling awkward. I mean, how are you supposed to face a guy that just proposed to you moments ago?

Deciding to just act normal, I got out of the shower. Showers somehow really helps me make decisions. I went back into the bedroom and looked at the clock. It was already 9:30 am. I really need to go home soon. I looked at the clothes at the end of the bed. Since I didn't have any spare clothes, I wore my clothes drom last night.

I looked for Xiumin to tell him I'm ready to go. He was outside looking at the view of the city. He looked hypnotized by the scenery but somehow there's gloomy air surrounding him. I shook my head, it's probably just my imagination. I smiled and continued to go outside. "Hey, Xiumin." I called. He turned to look at me. A small smile automatically formed on his lips. "Ready to go?"

While in the car on the way home, I thought about the things that happened to me last night up until this morning. And that's when I really understood how messed up my life has become. Was it always like this? Was my life really this dramatic?

A lot has changed since my dad told me to get enggaged to either Xiumin and Sehun for company purposes months ago. Even I have changed. It seems that the more I want my life to be simple, the more it becomes complicated. The way things work altered so much that somehow, I feel like I'm living another person's life. Or maybe I haven't been living before, I was just existing. I sighed as I looked outside and stared at the clear blue sky.

Sometimes, I wished I could be a bird. I just want to be free, not worrying about any problems at all, with no one telling me what to do and what not to do, you know, just wandering around only thinking about where to go next. But I guess I'm just not meant for a life like that.

Xiumin stopped in front of our main door. I hastily went out and thanked him for the ride home. He smiled and said it was nothing. I waved as he drove off. When his car was out of sight I went inside and the sight of a worrying Baekhyun came into view.

"Luhan!" he said as he went to hug me. I don't know why he is hugging me, did something happen? "Uh, Baek?" he pulled away and said "Where have you been?!"

I stared at him in confusion. Didn't Xiumin already tell them where I am? "You don't know where I've been?" he shook his head. "No, nobody cared to tell me where you were. So where were you?" I was about to tell her when Chen ad Lay came out from the main parlor and cut me off.

"He was at Xiumin's place." Both Baekhyun and I moved our gazes to them. "Xiumin's place?" Baek asked no one in particular before moving his gaze back to me. "What were you doing at his place?"

"Uh... I met him outside the venue of our prom last night and I went with him since I got bored of prom." I lied. He narrowed his eyes at me. I can't read his mind but I'm sure he doesn't believe what I just said. "So, who won prom king?" I asked, changing subject. His features brightened and he smiled. "You did silly! Your crown and sash of are in your room."

I raised my brows at what he said. "I won as prom king? Why?" he laughed at my reaction. "Well, everyboy saw how amazing you looked last night. But it's such a waste that you didn't get to wear it." he said, sighing. I smiled when he pouted. "Come on, let's go to my room and talk about what happened at prom while I was gone."

His mood got happier as he grinned and raced up the stairs to my room. I laughed and shook my head. I glanced at Lay and Chen who was still standing near the door, staring at me. "What?"

Chen just shruggd and went back to the dining room while Lay didn't say anything and just stood there staring at me like he's trying to figure out something. I was about to ask him why he was looking at me like that but before I could even open my mouth he turned around and left. Shrugging it off I followed Baek upstairs. I'm so not ready to hear the story of prom.