Chapter 8

Hey guys! Even though only three of you lovely readers messaged me to keep going, I decided to finish it (cause not finishing things is just wrong) So there will be two or three more chapters left and then we'll be done! Commenting really helps me to continue writing! Thanks again for reading! Now on with the story, Ryuk!!

**************************************************************************************************

"God join'd my heart and Romeo's, thou our hands;

And ere this hand, by thee to Romeo seal'd,

Shall be the label to another deed,

Or my true heart with treacherous revolt

Turn to another, this shall slay them both:

Therefore, out of thy long-experienced time,

Give me some present counsel, or, behold,

'Twixt my extremes and me this bloody knife

Shall play the umpire, arbitrating that

Which the commission of thy years and art

Could to no issue of true honour bring.

Be not so long to speak; I long to die,

If what thou speak'st speak not of remedy."

Three days remained of (Y/n)'s life.

Ryuk couldn't bear to tell her.

It was over.

(Y/n) threw her script down on the bed, frustrated.

"Ryuk? What's really going on? You've been looking glum for the past few weeks. Why?"

He cleared his throat.

"I'm just proud to see how you're coming along with the play. Those singing lessons really helped with your range. You are an excellent Juliet."

(Y/n) blushed and glanced down at the bedroom floor with a frown.

"You don't have to lie to me, Ryuk. I know that's not what is wrong."

His face fell. She could see right through him. No one had ever understood him more than she could....

And no one ever will.

Suddenly an idea popped into his head, making him feel like a total fool for not thinking of it before.

"(Y/n)? If I were to do something...would you trust me? Completely?"

Her eyes widened as she snapped her view to his face.

"Yes," she said breathy, blood pumping through her veins quickly.

She is definitely reading the situation wrong.

Ryuk lowered down to her level. (Y/n)'s breaths became short in anticipation.

"Close your eyes," he instructed.

Her eyelids closed, and she felt arms wrap around her body. She gasped. He was hugging her!? "Now hold on tight." Her confusion turned to mild horror as she realized her feet weren't touching the floor. "Ryuk!? What the--!?" Wind hit her face fiercely, moving her hair out of her face, shocking her with the air resistance. She shrieked, not understanding what was happening.

"Open your eyes, but not too quickly," Ryuk instructed, never once letting go of his firm grip on her waist.

His ever present smile grew wider than ever as she gapped at the sight before her.