02. Catching Up

"Shiro, what are you-'' [y/n] gasped in disbelief, her eyes wide and her frame shaking just a little bit. She stumbled forward to get a good look at his face through the helmet. After a few moments, she looked around at the other humans in his group. "[y/n] I-- we were looking for you-- the Galra-- how'd you get out?"

        Shiro bombarded her with questions, but she could hardly even pay attention to him as the other humans spoke up as well. "Am I missing something?" Asked the Blue one, the yellow one replied to him with a "Yeah, I'm clueless."

        A human in red shushed them and explained that she was human and the small one dressed in green rushed her. "You were on the Kurburos mission, Where's Matt and my father? Are they here?"

      Matt, [y/n] thought staring down at the human in green. It took her a moment before it registered. Katie, Matt's sister.  "Katie? Matt- I'm sorry they're not here." [y/n] turned to Shiro "Can we sit down for a moment? Figure out what's going on?" He nodded and gestured for her to lead. [y/n] glanced over her shoulder to Balto and the group of Aliens. "I'll be back, okay?"

        She lead them through bright-green grass and down a dirt road. Towards the end of the rows of huts came a smaller one. "This is my home, a bit smaller but I'm not quiet as big as them," [y/n] explained with a stress chuckle. She opened a wood-plank door and stepped inside.

       Inside the hut was fairly primitive. There was a basic bench and some counter tops made of some pink rock. The girl motioned for the group to sit down on the bench as she drew a wooden chair. "First things first," [y/n] started with a serious tone. "How did you get here? Did the Galra take over Earth?"

        Shrio was the first to speak, "No, those ships out there are what brought us here. We're currently fighting the Glara empire with a powerful ship called Voltron. The team is made up of me, Keith, Hunk, Lance, and Pidge." He pointed down the row of paladins. "Wait, I'm not following," the one called lance started, "Who're you and how'd you get here?"

       "My names [y/n]  and I was on the Kurburos mission with Shiro, Matt and Mr. Holt. The Aliens out there rescued me from the Galra testing facility and I've been here for months." [y/n] explained, trying her best to combat the memories of being on the Galra ships. "Testing Facility?" Asked the red paladin- Keith.

      "They mixed my DNA with Galra DNA, hence the long nails and fangs." She spoke with a tone of sadness and shame. "Why?" Pidge asked, leaning forward on the bench. "I don't know-- they never told me."

       "I'm glad that you're alright." Shrio smiled, standing up off the bench. "How about you join the Team? We could use the help."

       "You'd let me join? Seriously?"

       "From what I remember, you're a pretty good shot."