Chapter 4

Night falls and the sun rises once more. Suki and I have been up for some time now planning the timing and escape route we'd use. Guards aren't placed near the cells but outside exits, this makes our plan easier.

When I hear the heavy sound of footsteps approaching our cell I see Suki stiffen. Three men appear in front of us. Two appear to be warriors of some sort one wields a string aura.

Ah the Beta, what was his name again?

That's right, Hayden.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit Beta Hayden?" I say sarcasm thick in my tone.

"Stand up. The Alpha is requesting you." He says dryly.

I nod my head in reply and turn to face my sister. She looks the Beta up and down and let's a small growl escape. She's clearly unhappy with this arrangement. Frankly so am I, however if he's going to question me, I'd prefer my sister not watch. Alphas can be unpredictable when it comes to rogues after all.

"I'll be back shortly." I smile towards her reassuringly. She gives me a curt nod still glaring at the Beta.

Hayden unlocks the cell and I stand up to follow him. The two other guards each hold on of my arms no longer trusting the cuffs alone will do their job after my little break out yesterday. Well at least they are smart enough to adapt.

Instead of taking me to an interrogation room like yesterday they bring me into a pack building. Odd. I take extra care at establishing all possible exits. I've already created an escape route should anything happen.

As I am drafting the plans in my head we come to a halt. I note the large double doors in front of us. Even before we enter a waft of sandalwood hits me at full force. My mate is inside. The Beta knocks twice on the door and I hear a voice tell us to come in.

I'm ushered into the large room. Once the door is closed the two guards release my arms with a small push of my body. I look back and glare at them. But they remain stoic.

I look around my surrounding and see large windows all around. The high roof and natural lighting make the space appear twice it's size.

On the small couch sits my Mate. My wolf purrs at the sight of him. I can't deny the pull I feel towards him. It's magnetic like something I've never felt before. He leans forward enjoying my piercing eyes on him and my heart rate increases instantly.

Why did this man have to be so handsome? He smiles in satisfaction realizing the effect he has on me

I try to focus my attention elsewhere and I look at the small coffee table in front of him. On top of it is my satchel and all of its contents spread out into plain view. Of course he'd go through my bag. I internally groan.

My face hardens before I look up to meet my mates eyes once more.

"I'm glad you could join me today." He smiles and motions for me to sit down. I remain standing up not wanting to give into him in any sense. It may be the rogue in me but I don't take well to people telling me what to do, and when to do it.