Chapter 6

Robin POV:

I ran all night changing my path every few minutes. I made sure to cover my tracks so as not to be followed. Once I deemed it safe I pulled to the side and let my sister and Gemma off my back.

My wolf could have kept going but I wanted to make sure I had enough strength in the case we were followed. Now that the weight of two others was lifted off I was able to stretch. Percy panted due to the amount of land we managed to cover.

Suki and Gemma stretched as well. Their hands were sore from gripping onto my fur but I didn't mind.

Gemma got a good look at my wolf. She was in awe. There were very few pitch black wolves and my size was larger than some male Alphas.

"Aren't you going to shift? I assumed you were since you stopped." She questioned why I remained in my wolf form. I nudge Suki with my snout so she can speak for me and she nodded with a smile.

"I like to take extra precautions. I'd hate for us to get this far only to let our guard down and suffer the consequences." Suki passes my word to Gemma just as I mindlinked her.

She nodded her head at me and asked. "Can I know your name now? I'm aware of your sisters name."

"My name is Robin. It's nice to officially meet you Gemma." The new rogue beamed at me and gave a slight bow.

"Thank you for everything. I'm guessing this is where we part ways?" She looked down awkwardly at her feet and I saw tears brimming in her eyes. This poor child. She thinks I'll abandon her so easily?

Before I can tell her otherwise I notice a slight shift in the trees. Finally. It took them long enough. Suki and Gemma don't seem to notice. I decide it's safe enough to shift back.

I let my bones take their form. The cracking sounds of realignment fill my senses and I groan in displeasure. I will never get used to that.

Once my shift is complete Suki tosses me the shirt I had been wearing. My mates shift. His scent is still heavy on the fabric. The smell of Sandalwood and Jasmine bring me comfort. I breakout of my thoughts and call out:

"It took you long enough Bennett."

From the trees jump four men.

They land to the ground without a sound. They've improved.

Gemma takes a few steps back pushing Suki behind her. I appreciate that and smile. My sister is tense until she notices the familiar faces. Gemma remains wary of the rogues that stand before us. Staying on guard.

The four men remain on the ground kneeling towards me and bowing their heads.

"We were worried when you didn't return. Our wolves have been searching all night for you. But now that I see you, it appears you had control over the situation?" Bennet chuckles.

"Lets just say it's been a long two days." I can see him grin towards the ground. I address the other three men. "Ethan, Wayne, Noah. I trust you've been well."

They remain kneeling and nod their heads in unison. I grow irritated over their position and sigh. I've told them from the start I didn't need their submission but the sight does make my wolf puff her chest out in pride.

"You may rise." I instruct the four men and they swiftly comply.

"Yes, Alpha." They say in unison and I shake my head in embarrassment.

"Alpha?" Gemma asks baffled by the situation.

"Gemma, I'd like you to meet these men. You don't need to be afraid. We may be rogues but we won't cause you any harm." She nods her head but remains on guard.