Chapter 12

The fresh smell of bacon and eggs was the first thing that alerted Bucky's senses. Next came the mildly soft humming of a song the man did not know. He stretched out his tired muscles, feeling strangely well rested, then stood from the couch and walked to the source of the sounds and smells.

A smile made its way to his lips when he arrived inside the kitchen and saw his blonde lover lightly swaying his hips as he hummed and flipped a pancake. Stealthily, he stalked to the man and pounced.

Steve yelped and quickly turned around to look at him, wielding a spatula in his hand defensively. Bucky burst into laughter when he saw.

"Bucky!" The blonde yelled, a pouting tone in his voice. He huffed playfully and shook his head at the man. "I almost had a heart attack 'cause of you...!"

The other continued to laugh, shoulders shaking as he did. Inhaling a few deep breaths to calm his laughing fit, he sighed in content after a few moments. "You sure you haven't had one already? I know how much you dig me, Stevie. I bet just looking at me gets you all hot and bothered~." He smirked playfully, a seductive tone in his voice that he made all too intentionally.

Steve stared at the other man with wide eyes, a dark scarlet red blush on his cheeks. He blinked quickly after a few seconds passed. He scoffed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"You sure are cocky, aren't you?"

"Well, I wouldn't be a man if I wasn't, doll."

The blonde rolled his eyes instinctively as he resumed flipping his pancakes. "Last time I heard, men don't get pregnant."

Stunted, Bucky huffed. His lips pursed poutily as he leaned against the counter and watched the man. "Not my fault HYDRA figured it was a good idea to fuck up my entire being. Probably put a womb inside me and gave me a uterus." His eyebrows furrowed as he thought over his words. Steve glanced back at him momentarily.

"Is that even possible? Can they do that?" Bucky asked, honestly curious. He hadn't actually given it too much thought.

Steve shrugged and after turning the stove top off, began layering pancakes on two plates. "I don't know. Technology has gotten way more advanced than back in the day. You can even change your sex now. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they made it so that guys could get pregnant."

The brunette nodded simply and hummed, choosing to remain silent and watch the blonde work. Once Steve finished loading the plates with food he handed one to Bucky while he held his own. The other thanked him before starting to eat.

Breakfast passed by in a relatively calm and warm silence. It was only when the brunette let out a discomforted breath did the two exchange words.

"You alright?" Steve asked immediately, the sound not going past him unnoticed.

"Somewhat..." With an annoyed huff, Bucky began to massage at his pecs, annoyance clear on his face. Steve stared at him blankly, a bright red blush slowly but most definitely surely starting to dust his cheeks. It took the other man a few moments to notice his friends stare.

"What?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Y-you're..." Steve stuttered the word out quietly before going completely silent. How was he going to word it? You're rubbing your nipples and it's making me uncomfortable but also mildly turned on? You're doing the same thing you were doing the night we made love? The way your nipples poke out through your shirt is really erotic? The man's eyes quickly shot to the floor as he thought the embarrassing questions.

He then glanced back up when Bucky tapped his shoulder. "Steve? Buddy?"

"Y-yeah?" His voice cracked obviously as he half-yelped, half-whisper-shouted the response. His blush turned darker at the way his voice betrayed him. God, he must look so suspicious right now.

Bucky stared at him in a calculating manner for a few moments before squinting his eyes and tilting his head. "You're thinking about something weird, aren't you?" Steve paled at his question.

"I, uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck as he trailed off. His prolonged silence confirmed Bucky's suspicions. The brunette laughed softly before donning the smirk that always made Steve's insides melt.

"What's got you all hot and bothered, doll~?" A wink followed the brunette's attempt at seduction.

At a loss for words, the blonde merely stared at the other man with wide eyes, a racing heart, and a blush so red it easily toppled Natasha's hair. His throat suddenly felt dry.

Bucky chuckled at the man's shyness before proceeding to hop off the counter and strutting to him. His smirk turned devious as he trailed his hands up Steve's body, fingers practically teasing the blonde with his light, barely there touches. He focused on the other male as he glided his hands across his torso and up his neck.

As obvious as it was that Steve was too embarrassed to talk, Bucky's own shyness was evident. He seemed confident in his actions, of course he did. But truth be told, he was more of a rookie than Steve was when it came to this.

That's probably why he bottomed at Tony's party, he concluded.

He'd never been with another man--the idea was completely foreign to him. Add Steve to the mix, and Bucky found that he was suddenly clueless when it came to sex.

However, he didn't allow his actions to falter. His right hand trailed lightly up the blonde's neck. The goosebumps that instantly covered Steve's skin felt pleasant against his palm, so he pressed his hand against the man's flesh a little harder.

He took note of how soft Steve's skin actually was before forcing himself to resume his sensual touches. His eyes focused on his right hand whilst he let his left hand wander down the blonde's body. It wouldn't have been too crazy to say his brain was on autopilot at that very moment.

As soon as his metal hand's palm reached the waistband of Steve's pajama pants, he heard the blonde inhale sharply. He quickly tore his eyes away from his other hand (which was now cupping Steve's cheek, it's fingers grazing the man's lips) and looked up at him.

He sent a questioning glance his way.

"We should stop." Steve spoke slowly, voice almost strained as he struggled to keep his hands off of Bucky.

"Why?" The other asked, confused, relieved, and a bit disappointed.

"You're nervous." Steve stated simply. The excuse threw Bucky off. That was the reason?

"Well, no duh...! It's my first time doing this...with another guy sober, you know? Of course I'd be." Flustered, Bucky shook his head and attempted to resume his previous actions. He just about had his hand halfway in the blonde's pants before he was stopped once more.

Steve inhaled a deep breath, an attempt to remain calm, then exhaled shakily. He spoke once he felt he was ready to. "That's exactly why we should stop, Buck." The words left his mouth gently so the brunette didn't feel embarrassed or rejected.

"But--"

"But nothing. We're rushing into this, Buck." He carefully slipped his hand over the man's and pulled it out of his pants as he spoke. "I don't want this relationship to end just because you felt that you needed to do this. Let's take this slow. I don't want our second time to be a complete mess."

Embarrassed and mildly dejected, Bucky remained silent as he watched the other man stare at him. Steve sighed softly before placing his palm against his cheek. He cupped it delicately as if it was antique china.

"I'm not rejecting you, Buck. I just know how you are. You're going along with it because you think it's what I want. And trust me, I do..." He inhaled another shaky breath. "I really do, but you're not ready. So neither am I."

Bucky was finally able to muster up a few words once Steve finished.

"You're sure you're OK with that? I can do it, Stevie. I'm not too sure I'll be keen on bottoming again, but I can at least show you a good time." He chuckled softly at his words. The blonde male smiled slightly.

"It's like I said before. I won't ever force you to do anything you don't wanna do. Now come on," He stepped back from Bucky. "Let's finish breakfast before it gets cold."