EPISODE TWO

Episode 2: chefs table

About: the heat rises in the first challenge of the season and not just because of the contestants unrealistic beauty, will they be able to cope under the immense pressure of an angry chef?

Duration: 55 minutes

PLAY

SCENE: ridiculously white kitchen that will probably get stained by Dionysus' wine later on, looks like a typical Gordon Ramsay type of kitchen. Very neat (not for long) Hades is shown examining a yeast packet

PERSEPHONE: [ puzzled ] The cameras are rolling?? Why are you making bread now?

HADES: I need something to... wheat

PERSEPHONE: But the show -

HADES: At wheast I won't be hangry

Once again the camera pans between the couple, zooming in a little more each time. Very reminiscent of the office and other iconic shows. After a few moments HADES sighs.

HADES: Like yEAST

PERSEPHONE'S face stays blank as she faces the camera

PERSEPHONE: Today! Our contestants will be facing each other in a cook off. Hades?

HADES: [ is currently trying to put a loaf of bread into the oven ] yes, dear?

PERSEPHONE: Get the contestants.

[ Insert overly edited transition that was probably used in an Indian drama one time ]

Contestants are in rows; tallest at the back and shortest at the front.

HADES: Today, we will be presenting you with a dish that you must recreate to the best of your nonexistent abilities in your teams.

HERMES: [middle row] Do we get to pick the teams?

HADES: No, but volunteers for team captains may step forward.

ZEUS takes a step forward from his spot on the front row, though he believes that he's only there because HERMES is secretly wearing shoes with a heel. ARES and ATHENA also step forward.

HADES: Huh. Well, this is interesting. Allow me to read the teams out and I'll see if you're still interested. Now, I want to emphasise that Persephone and I had no say in the teams, it was all the producer. Who is a drama thirsty person and if we don't do as she says she'll cancel our show.

Very nervous glances are shared

HADES: In team one, we have: Aphrodite, Hermes, Demeter, Hestia, Hera and -

HERA: [ whispering ] not Zeus, not Zeus, not Zeus , not Zeus , not -

HADES: Zeus! Oh shit wait -

HERA: [ not whispering ] Ah fuck me.

ZEUS: Yeah I've been trying -