maybe glowing isnt all that bad

-DP-

Danny stared at Clockwork. His face was beat red and he felt like he needed to cut off his ears. It was bad enough that he had to be given the Talk by his parents before. It was even worst getting it from a Ghost that he had only met a few times in his life, regardless of the fact it was only over how his ghost half would, well,…. work.

"Right." Danny said as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Swinging his feet loosely over the side of the bedded experiment table. "Now that the more uh….. Informational details about well…you know….Are done, you said you wanted to explain what the fangs were for."

Clockwork cleared his throat and fiddled with his time staff, something he did whenever he felt….well….uncomfortable. After all, this was the first time in his existence that he'd ever had to explain this type of thing to another ghost. He was just glad that the overly unpleasant part was over.

"That's right," clockwork said as he continued to tinker with his staff, his eyes carefully avoiding Danny. "I did and thankfully this will be a whole heck of a lot less awkward."

Danny raised an eyebrow at clockworks choice of words; they didn't seem like something he thought that the time ghost would ever say.

"Um…. Ok?" He said with a wince as he massaged his temples, his headache was starting to become unbearable.

"Now fangs are only seen on the dominate ghost partner. They are used to 'mark' the other partner." Clockwork explained, hoping that Danny understood, but then again…

"Ok?" Danny replied as he gave the master of time an unsure glance. "So I'm a dominant ghost, so I would have to mark my future girlfriends? Isn't that a bit over the top? Why would I have to do that in the first place! It's horrible, girls are human beings—or ghost's—not objects!"

Clockwork shook his head. "You're misunderstanding me Danny. First off, the term 'dominant ghost' doesn't simply mean that the ghost is a male. Female ghost can be the dominant ones in a relationship as well; it just depends on which ghost has the stronger power level. Second off, if you were to 'mark' your partner you wouldn't own him or her, you would just have a better and more permit connection with them. You'd be able to tell when each other's in danger, you'd be able to share each other's thoughts telepathically, and even supply extra power to each other when needed. And finally Danny you wouldn't mark your partner unless you fell deeply in love with them, in a way, 'marking' a partner for a ghost is sort of like getting married. The only difference is that once it's done there is no divorcing or changing your mind. It's a very big decision that cannot be taken lightly. Do you understand?"

Danny paled and shook his head yes.

A silence passed between them and Danny seemed overly interested in his boots.

"Clockwork?"

"Yes Daniel?"

"How… How do you know if you've found your partner?" Danny asked softly.

"Well…I—," clockwork stumbled over his words. He wasn't entirely sure how to answer Danny considering partnership was nothing he had to worry about since he had to swear off finding a mate due to his Jobs strict rules and regulations. Apparently the observant council felt that if clockwork was to settle down and have a family then he would be too distracted to properly care for the time stream. Sure he had seen other ghosts find their proper partners and such, but he never knew how it felt. So because he had a problem finding the answer he decided to quote some dead anonymous poet. Who, no doubt, knew more about love than he possibly could.

"Nobody tells you the meaning of the sparkle in her eyes, the warmth of her hand and the missing of the togetherness, so why would I tell you how to find the girl that will spark all these attributes. That's a journey you'll have to discover on your own, because like beauty, Love is in the eyes of the beholder."