maybe glowing isnt all that bad

-DP-

"Good morning Amity Park! This Lance Thunder, I'm here in the Fentons living room talking to Miss. Maddie Fenton, One of Amity's most famous resident ghost hunters and current care taker of our town hero!" Lance chirped in an overly cheery voice, before turning to Maddie to ask his first question. "Speaking of our hero, how's he holding up?"

Lance shoved the microphone in Maddie's face, causing the redheaded woman to go cross-eyed. She pushed the mike away slightly, flashing a kind smile at both Lance and the camera.

"Well Phantom seems to be doing extremely well. He's, for the most part, fully responsive. Though he still has a fairly high fever and splitting headaches, not to mention his mouth is starting to hurt him too, but Jack and I theorize that's just because his fangs are coming in."

Lance went wide-eyed and pulled the mike away from Maddie before she could finish.

"F-fa-fangs?" He stuttered out in horror and confusion. "Just what exactly is happening to Mr. Phantom?"

Maddie laughed at the reporter's response. "It's nothing that bad really he's just going through Incandesce."

"Incandesce?" Lance repeated as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Then a look of realization hit him. "Oh, yes, yes, you talked about that yesterday when you came to help Mr. Phantom. You mentioned it was sort of like puberty, correct?"

Maddie nodded.

"So if all of these changes are natural, then why don't we see more ghosts with things like fangs and such?" Lance asked.

Maddie froze. That question caught her off guard and left her wondering just why there weren't more ghosts with fangs. After all, Clockwork had told them that every ghost received them after a certain age.

"It's because some fall out soon after a ghost chooses their mate, while others are retractable or easily hidden."

Lance glanced over in the direction of the new voice. He was about to ask how this stranger knew that, but then…..He saw the red eyes and the spooky cloak. The reporters eyes widened and his mouth fell open; he gawked at the floating cloaked figure for a few seconds before he finally got over his shock and screamed bloody murder.

"IT'S THE GRIM REAPER! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! HE'S COME TO COLLECT OUR SOULS!"

Lance dove behind the large sofa, leaving a surprised Maddie to "defend" her-self against the new "threat".

Maddie got up and peaked over the side of the couch that lance was hiding behind. She prayed she would be able to calm him down.

"Lance you don't-." Maddie began, only to be cut off by the hysterical man.

"I'M TOO HANDSOME TO DIE!" He wailed.

Maddie's left eye twitched.

"LANCE HE'S NOT THE GRIM REAPER!"

Lance peeked his head up from behind the couch and cast a weary glance towards the cloaked ghost.

"He's not?" He sniffled in confusion.

The ghost hunter sighed in frustration.

"No Lance, he's not. His name is Clockwork. He's Phantom's," Maddie paused, she was going to say guardian, but she didn't think that would help calm the already hyperventilating reporter. Lance looked like he was about to pass out, so she decided to use a more common term. "Father."

Lance shot up from behind the couch in utter disbelief and waltzed over to the time ghost, shoving the mike under Clockworks nose. Maddie blinked in amazement at how fast the reporters mood had changed and wondered slightly what was exactly wrong with him.

Clockwork grimaced and used his pointer finger to push the mike away from his face.

"Your Phantoms father?" Lance asked.

"Sort of…" Clockwork paused taking in the death glare Maddie was sending him. He knew why she was, but if he said that he was Daniels biological father…well…..That could cause some issues in the future. So the time ghost settled on the second best thing. "I'm his step Father."

Lance gaped in amazement, and Clockwork had no doubt that the rest of amity was doing the same at the moment.

"So… Then…You're a good ghost like Mr. Phantom is?" Lance hesitantly inquired.

Clockwork nodded.

"I have no intention of doing any malevolent acts." He replied.

The blonde reporter sighed in relief, the anxious feeling that had been nesting in the pit of his stomach slowly dissipated.

"Do you mind if I ask a few questions? I mean amity in general would love to know more about your son! He's quite the mystery you know."

"Well that depends on what you ask, Mr. Thunder." Clockwork frowned.

A shiver crawled up Lance's spine.

"H-how do you know my name?" He asked. "And what do you mean 'that depends on what you ask'? Why are you and Phantom so secretive?"

-DP-

Danny was jolted from his sleep by a sudden searing pain that pierced through the roof of his mouth. He jolted up from his makeshift bed; his hands soared to his mouth as he stumbled to the floor. His sight faded in and out with every new wave of pain that ripped through his head. Danny stumbled his way to the small bathroom that was in the basement. Once inside he practically fell on to the white ceramic sink. He glanced up at the mirror just above it. The dim bathroom light flickered slightly over him, casting the room in eerie shadows.

He took in his own appearance and, God, did he look horrible. His white disheveled hair was slick with sweat and was sticking to his for head. His normally pale face was flushed a bright cherry red.

He was slammed by another wave of pain, causing him to see billions of small black dots that swarmed his vision for a few minutes. He lurched forward and let out a cry of pain, his grip tightened on the sink.

Finally when his vision cleared Danny lean closer to the mirror and brought his hand up to his mouth, pushing up his upper lip. He was shocked to find a set of white fangs slowly protruding from his gums.

-DP-