Purpose Of The Facility

We are here to neutralize and deal with any danger of unnatural origin. I'm unsure of why our work is kept secret, to be completely honest. I'm also not sure why there is so few proof of the existence of the paranormal on the net, giving how much we seemed to be dealing with on a daily basis.

From what I've heard, it is probably mostly because magical creatures tend to avoid interfering with humans, and because humans, although very adaptable, are extremely bad at noticing and using magic.

I know that for my part, I could only really see hidden magic with the eye of Fae. For most guards, when magic was hidden only their equipments could detect it.

Due to this, it is extremely easy for magic based beings to abuse of human society. Although in most cases, appearances of magical beings or anomalies seemed unintentional or were devoid of any real bad intentions, we had a fair share of straight up malevolent creatures.

If some could be excused because of their specie normal behavior, or because of special cases, you can still probably understand the necessity to intervene.

Our units of intervention located and neutralized the threat, which was afterwards relocated, contained or, in extreme cases, disposed of. Our job was to make sure the threat didn't escape during the containment phase, or, sometimes, to protect someone.

We also sometimes guarded entire zone that had been put in quarantine, for as long as it was necessary for it to be safe again.

From what I understood, part of the facility could also be considered a laboratory of some sort. I do not have a lot information on that part of the facility, but I did escort prisoners to it.  Most of the time it is located in permanent outposts, I've personally seen three of them, with the main one being in a city I won't mention. Honestly, it should get easy to guess after a while.

Some military grounds also belonged to us, our recruits training here. I've personally trained near my birth city, in France. No, it didn't really look different from army training, at least for me. The only thing different was that we learnt a few thing on getting rid of magic, although most of it was by the mean of engineered weapons.

It would appear our lieutenants don't really trust the old ways.

Note : It might be easier for me to explain all aspects of the facility through my experiences. To just make a list is very hard for me, as I was not informed of everything. In fact, I was mostly just informed of the dangerosity of the threat and the destination coordinate.

I have seen other things not mentioned here, but due to their atypical nature, I find it wiser to mention them in my experiences.