Magic And Dieties

It's a bit hard to me to find stories that have only to do with the facility. Because of that, I'm going to start the next chapter. I might add a chapter of my experience if anything come back to me and if I do it will be introduced as such to avoid confusion.

Magic is a bit of a hard thing to describe. Our definition was "Any and all phenomenons contradicting with the laws of physics or/and acts deemed impossible due to the body limit".

For exemple, teleportation, transformation, fabrication and annihilation are all considered magic.

Teleportation bends the laws of physics in an obvious way, making matter escape reality for a short time and breaking back in in any other place. Although it's a dangerous art, it's one of the most commonly seen.

Transformation changes the being in a way that could be similar to a magician's trick. The first body and the second body are off the same mind, but like birds in said tricks, they have nothing in common. Their mass, specie and identity is changed.

Fabrication is the act of creating from nothing, and annihilation to deconstruct into nothing. For exemple, some spirits of nature can make their "element" of predilection appear (although it takes on the price they paid for it, must it be energy, health, or even memories). Voidlings are one of the only known being with the born ability to practice annihilation, which they use to "eat".

Anything can be done with magic, but the more it bends the laws of physics the more the price to pay is not worth it. There is a reason invocations of greater beings necessited several sacrifices, where folklore sometime tell tales of dances making rain appear.

From what I've read in books here, most mythicals as you call yourself try to transform through videos called subliminals. Although it might have worked with simple ones like one or two centimeters height growth, or natural eye color changes due to the possibility of, well, subliminally giving off your time, your energy or anything else in the trade, bigger changes aren't going to happen in the flick of a hand.

I'm going to elaborate on that idea in the next chapter, as it fits better.

On to the other part of the chapter : dieties. Humanity has worshipped a high numbers of gods and dieties. All of them have a potential to exist, although some contradict in their sayings.

Dieties are classified in the facility as "Higher beings of great magical affinity who thrive on followers and/or prayers, sacrifices, offerings or other religious deed of any kind".

Some dieties are even brought into existence by said prayers, the first exemple coming to my mind are lesser dieties that started of as jokes. Although they can't exactly be brought to the same height as true dieties, those spirit have a high chance of existing.

Monotheistic dieties are most probably either greedy ones that try to get as much energy for them and them only, or spirit feeding ones, who would prefer to be able to get the souls of their worshippers guided to them upon death, must it be for good or bad. A very well known exemple of the second one, with two soul feeding diety, is the Christianity. Satan and God are most probably two soul feeding beings. We have had proofs that some angels are souls of humans ascended by God.

It's a bit hard to know if two monotheistic religions overlap and in fact have the same God, but I'd be tempted to say no for the most part.

As for worshippers, they can be divided in two categories. The ones that are have not yet be ascended are worshippers. The ones having a form proof of their faith are followers. Back to the exemple of Christianity, humans are worshippers, Christian angels and demons are followers.