Chapter One

Chapter One

"So, are you going to the Masquerade Ball tonight?" Harry sighed, hand twitching on his phone as he rolled his eyes, sat firmly on a park bench. His eyes scanned across the streets of Manchester, he couldn't deal with Caroline at the moment. She had been chasing him for quite a while now and at first, in Harry's mind, it was enjoyable. Until things started to get serious. "Harry, geez. Why aren't you talking? Are you going or not, you know, to the Midsummer's Masquerade Ball?" She's not coming with me to this Ball. Harry thought, chewing on his lip, trying to get her off his trail. He did not need her on his arm all night, stopping him from flirting with all those who tickled his fancy.

"Caroline, question... Who is holding the Ball?" Harry asked, mockingly, her constant questions getting on his nerves. Her non-stop nagging of what he is doing, where he is, who he is with, pushing him to the edge. He pulled out a lighter with his other hand, flipping it on and off as he awaited her answer. A small silence, where Harry relaxed slightly, liking the noise.

"The Tomlinsons... Oh." Caroline finally replied, voice grating on Harry's nerves. Why did I even deal with her? He questioned himself, eyes now focused on the lighter before him, the flickering flames swirling around one another softly.

"Yeah, exactly." He muttered, feigning disappointment. Even if the Tomlinsons were holding the Ball, he would still arrive, invitation or not. Or at this moment, friend of invitation holder. But that didn't matter. Harry Edward Styles was going and no-one was going to stop him. Besides Niall promised to get him some good pills, ones that would blow his mind, ones that would make all bad thoughts disappear and the night interesting. Daresay it, even fun.

"Well, I thought you were going with Niall and Liam. They were talking about it earlier." Caroline spoke, Harry's eyes widened and he chewed on his lip once more. How do I get out of this? He questioned himself before flipping the lighter away, leaning back on the chair and taking in a deep breath.

"Want to know the truth, Caroline?" He asked, a small silence followed his question and he took it as a 'yes'. "I am going, I don't want to go with you before you ask. I don't want to be with you right now, I don't even want to talk to you at the moment. At first, this was all fun and games and you were a good shag." Harry began, praying to his God that his mother and father wouldn't learn of him having sex before marriage. "But now you're just irritating me with your constant questions and trying to get my attention, I was interested but now I'm not." He finished, closing his eyes, head facing the sky.

"But... I thought we loved each other." She whispered, her voice cracking. Harry gulped down the lump in his throat, glad that he had all that off his chest but he couldn't help the frown crossing his lips as her usually annoying and aggravating voice cracked and she sounded vulnerable.

"I did too, until you slept with that guy... What was his name?" Harry asked, sighing, he opened his eyes to find Niall and Liam walking towards him, grins plastered across their faces. Best to finish this as soon as possible. If I don't, they'll start making orgasm noises down the phone... Even though that would be HILARIOUS! Too far. Way too far.

"Leo." She whispered, Harry nodded at Niall and Liam as Niall waved frantically, one hand holding a large lollipop while the other moved back and forth. Harry quirked an eyebrow at his strange outfit. Harry stifled his laugh, remembering he was currently on the phone to Caroline, turning his attention back to her.

"See, you even remember his name. I felt like total shit after learning that. I did love you Caroline, but you broke that and now I'm leaving you. Have a good life and don't call me." He rushed, hanging up before she could reply and let out a sigh of relief. His eyes returned to Liam and Niall, finally letting the laughter roll of his tongue as they finally arrived by his side. Liam rolled his eyes and Niall joined in with the laughter, Liam joining in a few seconds later.