Chapter Two

Chapter Two

“Louis, Louis, Louiiiiiiiiiiis! Look! I'm Alice!” Phoebe screamed as she dashed into my room. I chuckled at her enthusiasm, turning around to see her twirl so her bright blue skirt flowed around her waist.

“You'll surely be the star of the Ball Phoebs!” I assured her, but unfortunately was overheard by her twin Daisy who came in dressed up like Minnie Mouse.

“What about me then Louis? Don't you think I look cute?”

“You both will have to share the spotlight, how could I ever decide which one of you looks best?” It was a pitiful save, but I guess I was lucky that they were both young enough for me to get away with it. I turned back to the mirror, trying to get my eye liner on without smearing it all over my face, at which I hadn't succeeded at the seventh try.

“Need help with that brother?” Lottie asked me, leaning against the door post.

“Oh god yes, I hate make up. Why do you girls wear it anyway? It's friggin' hard to put on and almost as hard to get it back off.” I sighed at her.

She chuckled and walked over to where I was sitting.

“So uhm, little sis'. Don't you think that skirt is a little short?” I stated as I looked her up and down.

“No. I'm seventeen Louis, stop treating me like I'm a little school girl.” she scoffed before taking the black pencil out my hands and started wiping the black smudge off my face.

“What are you dressed up as, anyway? A slutty cow girl?”

“Louis! She's Jessie from Toy Story!” Phoebe butted in as she was still twirling around to make her skirt flow up around her.

My eyes widened as I realised what this was all about. “Oh no no no missy. Please do tell me you're not dressing up as Jessie the slutty cow girl from the adult version of Toy Story to make a move on Liam.” I told her sternly.

“I was taught not to lie,” she responded cheekily while she held my face in place and I saw the black pencil come dangerously close to my eyes.

I grabbed her wrist. “I hope you do realise that mum and dad are going to scream their faces off when they get to know about you hitting on a relative of the Styles-family?”

“Oh come on Louis, none of us even cares about that old feud. I bet even mum and dad hardly know what it is all about.”

“Still.” I scanned her outfit again. She was wearing a tiny jeans skirt, a large brown belt with an enormous gold buckle holding it in place while her legs were covered with a pair of see-through tights with a cow skin pattern on them. On top of it was a white button up shirt with yellow details at her wrists and around her neck, where I found a ribbon holding the cowboy hat that was hanging loosely at her back. “I suppose there's no chance of you putting on some less see-through stockings?”

“That's right, and now sit still so I can do your eye liner properly before I poke the pencil in your eye.”

It only took her one flick of the wrist to get the make up on properly, I had to admire her for doing it every morning. I would make a disastrous girl, that's for sure. When she finished with the eye liner, she added some black mascara to define my eyes even more and lastly added some whiskers before she shooed the twins out of my room so I could change into my costume.

“Oh by the way, Lottie? I'm quite sure Liam plays for the other team.” I winked at her.

“What-evah Louis!” she scoffed, rolling her eyes at me.

I had just pulled up my brownish pair of tight jeans when El barged through the door.

“Oh, Lottie has already done your make up, I see. Damn Lou, you always look so smokin' hot when you're wearing eye liner. Too bad that you're not actually a girl or I would totally hit on you.” she joked, referring to Zayn's remark of her being a lesbian when she had turned him down at the last party.

I sniggered, taking my white shirt from the hanger and buttoning it up before El handed me my tailored vest, that had about the same colour as my pants, somewhere in between brown and orange, making it seem like a ginger fur. She adjusted everything before putting my black hat with a red feather on top on my head and pulling down the mask that made my eyes look enormously through the weird sort of lenses. I looked in the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

“Perfect puss in boots costume, El, thanks a million.” I said as I turned around to kiss her on the cheek.

“You're welcome. Don't forget your boots though, they're in the closet.”

How could I forget about them? She told me she had searched for them all over town, since it was the middle of summer so no shop owner in his right mind would sell knee high black boots now, let alone in my size. Somehow she had managed though, like she always did.

I struggled to get them on my legs but finally stood up again, picking up the belt with the sabre to put it around my waist. “Aren't you supposed to get dressed?”

“Yes, in a minute, your mother got all of us some gigantic angel wings, don't think it will be very convenient to walk around the party and serving everyone, but still, when she has her mind set on something...” she trailed off.

“Tell me about it! Go on though, I'll get the girls ready to head out. I think it's better if you're not here when Zayn arrives anyway, he still holds a grudge against you.” I smiled at her as she turned around and went out to change into her own costume before I made my way into Lottie and Fizz's lounge, checking if my sisters were ready to go out.

“Wow Lou that costume suits you well!”

“Well thank you Caroline, you're a fit mermaid yourself. And you're not a bad errrr superhero-guy Zayn!” I told them as I ran into them in the hallway.

“Yeah, thanks!” he scoffed as they both followed me into the room.

“Awwww Fizz! You look adorable!” I exclaimed as I spotted her in front of her mirror, dressed up as a now heavily blushing Tinkerbell. “See Lottie, you can actually dress up without looking like a whore!”

“Shut up Lou! Phoebe, Daisy, come on, we should go in now!” she told our little sisters as we both took one of them by the hand and made our way to the grand staircase. Of course mum insisted that we would make a grand entree.

“Let's just hope that Josh can talk about something other than his drums tonight...” I whispered under my breath.