Chapter 1

Chapter 1
—Start—

The bell test just finished.

Naruto finally got out of his restraints and went to get some ramen at Ichiraku like he usual did. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

But in another world a girl was slowly dying, not that she realized it. She was just binge watching The 100 from Netflix and nothing seemed wrong. But by the end of season one she felt a bit nauseous, she thought it was just because she hadn't eaten anything but a few crackers and dip that day and went to go grab some leftover Chinese food when it happened.

Time slowed down as she fell forward to the ground. She somehow knew she was dying. She felt tired but she knew if she fell asleep there would be no turning back.

So, she did.

In the Naruto realm, Naruto was just going to bed but he didn't simply sleep. He died, the girl taking his place.

When the girl woke she didn't recognize anything in the room, even though her new appearance and the bright orange jumpsuit hanging on a hanger gave it away clearly.

Along with the fact that she wasn't in her body. It was a boy's from what she previously observed.

"Oh my god," the girl put her face in her hands.

"I don't want to be a ninja..." Tears rolled down her face at a steady pace. Her first priority was to screw over the timeline and live a nice, quiet life.

"Maybe...I can talk to the Hokage and get dismissed, he's the only one who can release someone if they're not injured and need medical leave!" She was suddenly determined and wiped the tears from her face.

"Okay," she put on a white tank top and a blue sweater with a pair of green cargo-like pants with a bunch of pockets.

The girl in Naruto's body followed what the boy remembered about getting to the Hokage's office.

Arriving, she was met by the secretary, who didn't hold a grudge against Naruto and gave the girl a smile.

The girl stood for a moment before knocking and hearing a raspy, "Come in" from behind the door.

"Naruto, to what do I owe this pleasure?" The old man smiled and placed his pen down.

"I, uh, um..." the girl didn't know what to say! How was she supposed to suddenly say—

"I want to be a civilian!" she blurted.

"Why the sudden change?" Sarutobi took the pipe from his mouth with concern.

"I dunno, I don't want to be a ninja anymore," she mumbled.

"But you just passed the test. Your team was the first to pass Kakashi's test as well," the wrinkly man took a drag from his pipe.

"I guess the reality of it just hit me," she smiled sheepishly.

"Alright, I'll release you. What do you think you're going to do?" Sarutobi asked.

"I-I'd like to travel, and maybe open a shop or something" she spoke honestly. She always wanted to go out and see the world and open a doll shop.

"I can't permit you going outside the village, I doubt anyone in the Civilian or Ninja council would let you," Sarutobi sighed.

"Who cares?" She spoke harshly, "If I'm going to be hunted then I'll just hide myself, I'll change my hair and pretend to be someone else," she really wanted to go. Konoha was the main focus of all the bad things that happened in the series because Naruto was there. But if he wasn't then she could save lives.