17. ( part 3 ) comforted by masky

( y/n's pov )
"Come on, ( y/n ). Let me come in. Please."

I shook my head, not really wanting to talk to anyone. I heard Masky sigh from the outside and jiggle the doorknob.

"Please, I just want to make sure that you're okay."

I reached up and unlocked the door silently, covering my mouth with my hand as I cried. I didn't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this.

As Masky stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, a wave of humiliation rushed over me.

Masky crouched down and took a seat next to me, looking away and waiting patiently for me to stop crying. My whole body shook with sobs as I attempted to swallow them back, my hands still clamped over my mouth.

He sighed quietly, clicking his tongue and turning to me after a couple of minutes. Masky reached up and pulled on my hands gently, taking them off of my face.

He grabbed my hands in his and rubbed my hands gently with his thumbs, helping me to calm down a bit.
I squeezed my eyes shut, the last of the hot, salty tears falling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, hanging my head in shame. Masky let go of my hands and cupped my cheeks gently, wiping the tears away with care.

"Are you okay, ( y/n )?" he asked gently, his voice full of concern. I nodded slightly, trying to stop myself from crying again after I had just stopped.

"Hey, please don't cry again. You're okay now, I've got you," Masky murmured patiently, pulling me closer to him.

My throat completely closed up as I choked back more tears. I wanted to tell Masky what happened but I didn't know if my body would allow me to speak at all.

"Masky..." I breathed, closing my eyes and steadying my breathing. He tilted his head to the right a bit, gesturing that he was listening.

"Yes, ( y/n )?"

"Can I... can I tell you what happened...?"

Masky chuckled quietly and switched our weird position to a half-hug, half-cuddle. I relaxed into the crook of his neck and closed my eyes tightly.
"Go ahead. I'll listen."

"I... was lost in a crowd of people and this drunk guy came up to me when I wasn't looking..."

I paused, taking a couple seconds to calm my shaky breathing down and back to normal.

"He... started to grind against me and hold me down by my hips... I tried to get him off, Masky..."

He nodded slowly, rubbing my back in circles gently.
"I believe you, ( y/n )."

"When I tried to make him let go he... he asked me if I wanted to have fun... and he, um, he grabbed my chest..."

Hot tears welled up in my eyes as my body shook with the force of my crying. I rubbed my eyes roughly and wiped my tear stained cheeks to rid of the salty tears.

"I slapped him and left... but I feel so gross, Masky... I just want to burn off the parts of me that he touched..."

Masky nodded and stayed silent for a moment, but I could tell that he was thinking. He looked down at me and sort of nuzzled my head with his cheek, getting a quick giggle out of me.

"I'm sorry, ( y/n ). I wish I could've been there to help you,"

( third person's pov )
( y/n ) shook her head and smiled softly.
"No, Masky... It's not your fault. It's mine, I'm sorry..."

Masky narrowed his eyes from under his mask and felt guilt stab him in the stomach.
"Why do you think it's your fault?"

( y/n ) stayed silent, obviously not having an answer to his question. After a while of just hugging, Masky turned to ( y/n ) and braced himself to get up.

"( y/n ), I could run a shower for you if you'd like," he suggested. ( y/n ) thought about it for a while before reluctantly agreeing. She didn't want Masky to let go of her so soon.

Masky slowly got up and pulled ( y/n ) to her feet. He walked over to the shower and turned it on, setting it to a warm temp. He looked back at ( y/n ) and gestured to the shower.

"Go ahead and get in. I'll bring you back a warm towel and a change of pajamas."

( y/n ) blushed and nodded, watching as Masky left the bathroom. She got undressed quickly and stepped into the warm shower, pulling the curtains shut.

A couple minutes later, the door opened again and ( y/n ) nearly jumped out of her skin.

"( y/n ), your clothes are on the counter along with a towel. The towel I just took out of the dryer, so it should still be warm by the time you get out."

( y/n ) blushed and felt herself cowering away from the shower curtain in embarrassment. She knew that Masky couldn't see her since the curtain wasn't transparent, but she still felt a bit exposed.

"Thank you, Masky," she mumbled with a small smile. Masky nodded and was about to walk out before he stopped in his tracks.

"( y/n ), why don't you sleep in my room tonight? I don't want you to be sleeping on the couch or floor..." he trailed off awkwardly, hand on door knob. ( y/n ) giggled quietly and nodded, though she knew no one could see her.

"Oh, sure. Thank you, Masky."

He smiled to himself and left the bathroom, closing the door quietly on the way out. Masky wandered over to his room to get his bed ready for ( y/n ).

-

masky is a sweetheart lol

hope you enjoyed! this one was a bit longer haha

word count: 968 words