17. ( part 7 ) comforted by eyeless jack

( third person's pov )
"( y/n )?" EJ asked quietly, bouncing from foot to foot nervously on the other side of the door. He usually wasn't the first one to jump up and help when someone's crying, but seeing ( y/n ) so distressed made his heart race in the worst way possible.

He could hear ( y/n ) cry and sniffle on the other end, making his heart nearly pound out of his chest. EJ knocked again after getting no response and took deep breaths.

"Jack... I-I don't feel like, like talking..."

EJ frowned beneath his mask and rested his hand on the doorknob, ready to open it in the case that ( y/n ) would unlock it for him.

"Come on, ( y/n ). You can't just keep yourself locked up in there all night," he pleaded. ( y/n ) had stopped crying, but was still sniffling and hiccuping, giving the appearance of crying.

"I'm not even crying anymore. I'm, I'm fine, I swear."

EJ sighed and rubbed his face under his mask, getting a bit annoyed at ( y/n ) out of worry. To him, it was obvious that ( y/n ) was still crying and needed some consolation on whatever had happened.

"I can hear you sniffling in there, ( y/n ). Either you're lying to me and still crying, or you just stopped because I came to talk to you."

( y/n ) stayed silent on the other end and EJ knew he had won this round. He smiled softly to himself and leaned against the door, listening carefully for her.

"Look, I get it if you don't want to let me in. But at least tell me what's bothering you."

The girl on the other side took a shaky breath and nodded to no-one in particular, deciding that she would feel better if she confided in EJ.

"Okay, fine. But... only because I trust you."

"I'm listening to you, ( y/n )."

"So all I was doing was trying to get back to our table... and, and this random guy comes up to me and, erm, starts to grind against me..."

( y/n )'s ( e/c ) eyes cloud over with hot tears as she tells EJ what happened, but she ignores them and lets them spill out over her cheeks instead.

"He held me down, and, and then groped my chest when I tried to make him... let go," ( y/n ) explained, her voice dropping quieter with each word that she uttered.

EJ took a moment to react, but he soon realized just what had happened to the girl that he had grown to cherish. He resisted the urge to punch the wall in anger so that he wouldn't scare ( y/n ), but nontheless, EJ was pissed off.

"EJ...?" ( y/n ) asked quietly after not getting any response. EJ took a deep breath and forced a regular tone of voice.

"Yeah? Sorry, ( y/n ). I just... don't know what to think of what happened... I'm sorry that that happened to you, I really am."

"It's... fine, EJ. I'm, I'm okay."

EJ nodded to himself and held back his anger, biting back the bitter tone of voice and the violence that he was prone to when mad. He took deep breaths before continuing his chat with ( y/n ).

"( y/n ), can-"

She cut him off, wiping away the wetness on her cheeks.
"I'll, I'll open the door for you..." ( y/n ) unlocked the door shakily, opened it, and stood up, looking quite small and frail in her distraught state.

EJ moved forward and pulled ( y/n ) in for a hug, resting his hands around her head and back in a protective position. ( y/n ) took shaky breathes and hugged back gently, burying her face into his sweatshirt.

The pair stayed in this embrace for a couple silent minutes until EJ pulled away and broke the silence.
"So..." he trailed off awkwardly, obviously at a loss for words.

( y/n ) giggled faintly and grabbed his hand gently, pulling him to his room. When they arrived, she turned to him and smiled a little.
"I'm tired, EJ. I'm just going to sleep in your room."

EJ chuckled and nodded, walking over and sitting on his bed.
"Oh, so you aren't going to ask first?"

( y/n ) followed suit and climbed in, pulling the covers around her shoulders and snuggling into the pillows.
"Nope. I already knew that you would say yes, anyways."

He laughed.
"I suppose you're right. Do you want me to stay in here with you, or should I go?"

( y/n ) let go of the blanket and patted the spot next to her.
"Just lay up here with me. You're warm and I'm cold."

Both of them blushed as he made his way over to ( y/n ) and laid next to her under the covers. ( y/n ) turned to face him and closed her eyes, slowly trailing off into a peaceful sleep.

EJ watched for a while before getting tired himself. He removed his mask and tossed it aside, snuggling up to ( y/n ) and wrapping his arms around her.

He soon fell asleep with his arms around ( y/n ) and his face a flushed mess.

-

i rushed this so much nskfks

btw, updates will come out slowly bc i have to go to school now ;0; it started wednesday for me-

sorry abt that! i'll still try and get chapters up at least every week, definitely a couple on the weekends.

buh bye, loves~ <3

word count: 916 words