2

I woke up the next morning feeling fresh and well-rested.

"Why didn't you wake me up for my shift?" I rubbed my eyes as I got up and rolled my sleeping bag.

"I figured you needed the sleep, you're so pale it hurts my eyes." He said, pointing at me.

"Well, it's my natural skin colour. And besides, you're one to talk." I huffed but ate my breakfast.

"Hn."

"Why did you leave the village?" Sasuke suddenly asked.

"Well, I really liked Naruto and when he propose to Sakura, I just felt weird; like I couldn't think or something." I had my head down and answered.

Since I wasn't looking where I was going, my foot got stuck in a crack and I fell forward. I spread my arms out to protect myself.

"You should look where you're going." Sasuke's hand was gripping my arm tightly to stop me from falling. It actually kind of hurt a little.

"But you said you knew that Sakura and the dobe were dating so why would you feel heartbroken now?" He continued after he let go of my hand.

"Because! Sakura told me that their relationship might not last and so I still had a chance! That's why I still had hope! But now, there is no hope! They will be married in a few months probably and I can't break a marriage just because i love the groom!" I yelled.

"Whoa Hyuga, calm down. I was just asking. So Sakura thought her relationship with the dobe might end. When did she tell this to you?" He asked.

"Um... I dont know. A few months after the wat. Before you left the village." I mumbled.

He didn't say anything after that and it left me confused and the air around us awkward.

"So, um, where will we be going?" I asked.

"We are going to Akatsuki's hideout to get some things from there. Then, I want to train some and you can do whatever you'd like." He said.

"Okay. I need to train too so I'll stay nearby." I muttered, hoping he would hear me.

We crossed the hidden grass village and the hidden rain village before we made it to the Akatsuki's base. It took us two days and it was tiring.

"You can rest in that room. It belonged to the girl named Konan so you'll find everything you need there. And the kitchen still might have some supplies if you need food. I'll be in the last room down the hall." He instructed and left me standing in front of the room.

I entered the room and saw how elegant it looked. The walls were painted a lilac colour, contrasting with the wine red bed covers which were, admittedly, a little dusty. A few pieces of furniture, such as a white couch and a table, were also in the room, but what amazed me the most, was the necklace that sat on the dresser.

A silver pair of angel wings surrounding a golden heart with the letter A carved into it.