19-

Quickly arriving in the country of lightning, the couple started their search for the assassin they had to wipe out.

"Didn't it say how he looked like?" Sasuke mumbled frustratedly, running a hand through his hair.

"It did. I think." Hinata tried to remember. "I think the scroll said he had long blond hair and green eyes with piercings. It said he was very good looking and had a very masculine body." Hinata described as she started remembering.

"Well, even if we do know his physical description, we can't attack anyone that matches that description. It could have been a disguise, or maybe he got into a disguise? Because he must have heard that two ninjas from Konoha were coming. It'll be easier if he hasn't though. I just want to go back home." Sasuke said, surprising Hinata.

"Home? You mean, to stay?" She asked with wide eyes.

"No, just for a while. Maybe I'll settle down one day, but for now I just want to rest for a while." He shifted in his seat.

"Hm... makes sense. You've been traveling for almost an year now." She rubbed her chin in thought.

Sasuke admired her beauty from his seat, looking at her beautiful face, his eyes going over all of her features.

She had big, but slightly sharp eyes, a cute, small nose, naturally rosy cheeks and pretty pink lips.

How had he not noticed her before. Well, he had, but he was too set on the path of evil to even talk to her.

Hinata had been very pretty even as a pre teen and as a teenager. She had looked especially stunning during the time of the war, and Sasuke had taken a notice of her the minuit she had stepped onto the field with her eyes full of passion.

He couldn't believe what he had been seeing. She looked a goddess. Her pearly white eyes looked like pools of silver that you could stare into infinitely and the way her pink lips were twisting under her teeth made Sasuke almost jump up from the stool he was sitting on of a local bar they were at and kiss her right there and there.

Hinata noticed his uncomfortable expression and laid her hand on his thigh, her brows furrowed with worry.

Sasuke almost couldn't control himself in that moment. He was a red blooded man after all and Hinatas hand was way too close to places that were not safe right now.

"Are you okay Sasuke? You look like you're in painmpph!" Her words were swiftly cut off when she felt his lips crash on hers.

She immediately melted in the kiss, resting her hands on his shoulders to keep herself straight.

"What was that for?" She said breathlessly, looking into his charcoal black eyes.

"Just because." He said.

"Now let's get back to the mission." He turned around and started walking away, smirking when he heard Hinatas angry protests behind him.

Two shadows flashed by high, rocky mountains that surrounded a city.

Taking the cover of the dark sky, the two people ran around, searching for their culprit.

They stopped after searching for hours, exhausted beyond belief.

"Did you see anything?" The tall, black haired man asked his shorted, blue haired girlfriend who was panting.

"Nope. Nothing. It's like he just doesn't exist anymore." Hinata arched her back, hearing the pops resonate throughout the small, rocky cave the two were in.

"Me neither. I hope we didn't get here late. He might have escaped before we got here." Sasuke sat on the floor, not caring weather his clothes would get dirty or not.

It just didn't make any sense to him. There was no way the man could have escaped that easily.

If he was as smart as Kakashi had described him, he would take atleast a day or two to plan things out before leaving, and even if he had left the village it would take him some time to get out, and no one could leave or enter these villages whenever they wanted to.

"Man I'm tired." Hinata whined, also sitting down on the dusty, rock filled ground.

"Ow..." she rubbed her butt from where small pebbles had been pooking it. She dusted the area with her hands before sitting again.

"Let's go back to the Inn. We can figure something out tomorrow." Sasuke gave her a hand and pulled her up.

"Thanks."

The two of them kept around in the cover of the night and quickly made their way towards the Inn.

Right when they were on the outskirts of the main city, a loud explosion sounded near them, knocking them to the ground from the buildings they were jumping on.

It was so sudden, no forewarning whatsoever. The night had been going perfectly, the weather calm with a ting of coolness to it, breaking summers hot spell.

Then suddenly there was a blast near the main city that shook everyone and everything to their very core.

Hinata was knocked out of balance by the sudden wave of energy that had hit her.

She went tumbling to the ground, screaming in pain when her back hit the cold concrete floor.

She weakly laid on her back, trying her best to move to cheak up on Sasuke but she suddenly felt like all of her energy had been zapped from her.

Her body was failing on her and she felt like her chakra had been siphoned from her.

Where once she could summon as much of her chakra as she wanted, now she couldn't even find a wisp of it anywhere in her body.

Her eyes started to slowly close, the lack of chakra sucking at her life force and the previous exhaustion she had been experiencing coming back to slam into her with full force.

If she hadn't been on the floor, she was sure she would have failed by now.

She was on the brink of unconsciousness when she felt something brush her hand.

Hope blossomed into her and she tried to get a hold of it, and she managed to wrap her hand around, what she was sure to be, Sasukes hand.

Just then, searing pain shot through her body and a blood curling scream left her as a foot came down upon her and Sasukes intertwined hands.

The last thing she saw was a face grinning down upon her and a maniac laughter floating around her before she fell unconscious.