Clem x Louis | It's Okay

Clem's POV
Louis and I were separated the group after we ran away from the school. No one wanted to stay there after what had happened with Marlon. We ran into a huge herd of walkers and the last I remember of seeing our group was Violet with AJ and Ten running away from them. I just hope they didn't get caught by the walkers.

I was so mad at myself. I lost AJ, again! Again! I tried to punch the nearest thing to me out of sudden anger but was quickly stopped as I felt a hand clamp around my fist.

"Easy there Clem, we'll find them, don't you worry," Louis spoke in his weirdly optimistic voice. It always kind of sounded like he was about to break out into song.

"No, you don't understand," I said, gritting my teeth, "I can't lose AJ. I can't! Not now, not ever."

I turned away from him and began to walk. The stony path crunched under my feet. I had no idea where we were or how long we'd been walking for. It felt like hours since I'd seen AJ.

"Now if I know Violet, she won't let anything happen to wither of those boys," he tried to reassure me.

"What if she can't? AJ doesn't have his gun with him! How could I have lost him like that!"

"Clem, just take a breath. Everything is going to be okay, I promise." He spoke so calmingly, but I didn't know if I completely trusted him. "Look, over there, in the distance! It looks like a city! They'll see that and probably make their way to it. What do you say, shall we give it a go?"

"I've got nothing better to do," I sighed as we began walking towards the 'city'.

"That's the spirit!"

*****

"Clem, we made it!" Louis excitedly shouted, running towards the buildings. How could he even run with that heavy chair leg? What was it called? Chairles?

"Shhh! Walkers!" I whispered yelled to him. They were roaming the streets, like they owned the place. In a way, I guess they did, probably drove out all the people.

It was weird, I felt like I recognised this city. I wasn't sure where from, but I wasn't getting a good feeling from it.

"What are you waiting for? Let's kick some walker ass!" Louis winked at me, swinging Chairles back and forth. I couldn't help but giggle. For a moment, I almost forgot that AJ wasn't with me. As much as I loved him, it was nice to hang out with someone my age.

Louis began hitting the walkers, and I did the same. I pulled out the knife from my pocket, kicking the walkers at their knees and then stabbing them in the head, just like Jane showed me. I missed Jane. I missed everyone.

"We can try and make it on top of this shed roof," Louis yelled, pointing to what was a reachable hight. I nodded.

He knocked one last walker down before making a jump for it. "Your turn!"

I ran up to it, jumped and held onto the edge. I pulled myself up, but my foot slipped on the rotting wood.

"Woah!" I yelled automatically, letting one hand accidentally drop off the ledge.
I felt Louis' hand grab it, and then the other one.

"You're okay," he calmly said as walkers began to surround the shed, "just look at me."

I felt like a weak idiot, but I looked into his eyes anyway and let him pull me up. "See? That wasn't so bad."

"Thanks," I awkwardly thanked him.

"You can thank Chairles," he replied before jumping onto the next building, and the next, and the next.

I followed, overtaking him and smiling to myself.
"Come on slow coach!" I called out as he ran behind me.

He jumped onto the roof of the building just before the one that I proudly stood upon and the it suddenly caved in.

"Louis!" I yelled, my eyes widening in terror as I watched him fall through the roof. "Oh my God."

I gently jumped onto the roof and peered over the hole. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. No walkers in here. Come down, join the party." He laughed.

I smiled in relief and safely made my way down the hole. Louis and I were in a tiny room.

"Looks like it was just a hallway or something," he observed.

"Yeah I guess. Hey I wonder what's through here?" I pointed to a door in front of us.

"Only one way to find out, ladies first."

I flashed him a fake smile as I stepped through the door. The smell of death hit me straight away. My eyes looked up. That was when I saw it. I saw the radiator in front of me. I saw the tiny office. I saw the rotting walker on the floor, but I also saw the person handcuffed to the radiator.....Lee.

"Jesus," Louis said, looking at the surroundings.

I was speechless. I couldn't comprehend the situation. The only word I could get out was a small, "no" before the tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Clem, are you okay?" Louis asked me, for once not joking.

I couldn't respond to him. I dropped to the floor as a sea of sadness washed over me. I started sobbing.

"No," I cried, "no."

Louis looked back and fourth before asking, "Did you know one of these guys?"

"Lee, it's Lee." I hadn't cried like this since the day I shot him.

"Oh Clem..." I felt Louis embrace me into a tight hug, forcing my tears to spill onto his shirt. "It's okay, shhh."

He comforted me as I sat there sobbing into his shirt.

Wow I am so sorry for making this so dark