Clem x Louis | The Ranch

Hey guys! Just wanted to say thank you so much for getting my first one shot to almost 100 reads! Also, I won't be updating my S1 and S2 one shot books as often as my S3 and S4 books as they are much more popular! If you have any suggestions for any of the books though, feel free to leave them below!

Clem's POV
I shot up, breaking out into a cold sweat as I felt my body shaking a little. I gasped for air. It was just a dream. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't real. It wasn't real. At least, not when I dreamt it.

"Clem," AJ's sweet, child-like voice came from the other side of the room, at the desk, "you had the nightmare again, didn't you? The one that happened at the ranch."

"AJ, you aren't in bed," I dodged what he said.

I sat up, letting the bed creek from beneath me. My legs stood myself up and I walked toward the rusty window. The sky was still jet black and the school was as quiet as a mouse. Why was AJ awake? Every other time I'd had the nightmare he was always sound asleep. Wasn't he? Maybe he was listening. Oh shit! That would mean that he heard me cry, almost every night! I could just never live through what happened at the ranch....

"Neither are you," he remarked, looking up at me, stepping towards his bed. "You never are."

"What are you talking about?"

"Clem I watch you every night. The same thing happens. You wake up, upset, and start crying. I don't like it when that happens. Do you remember the blood?"

I couldn't believe it. He did know. Well, he didn't know all of it. I could never tell AJ about what happened to me at the ranch when I was trying to get him back. It was all in the past, even though I thought about it everyday...

"Go back to sleep, kiddo," I gave a half smile as he cocked an eyebrow at me. "I will too."

And with that said, I lay back down on bed and closed my eyes. I opened them slightly, so AJ couldn't see that I could see, and watched him. He let out a sigh before laying down on his bed and turning to face the other way. At least he wasn't going to question me if he thought I was asleep. Although I was always awfully tired, so maybe I didn't need to pretend to sleep.

AJ's POV
I was pretending to be asleep for about five minutes before I heard Clem drift off to sleep as she let out her soft sleeping noises. She didn't snore, it was more of quiet breathing, but in a soft and comforting way. I never told her that it was her that helped me get to sleep, but she did, without knowing. Now I needed to help her get to sleep.

Slowly, I stepped out of bed, bracing myself for any of the floor boards to creek as I tip toed out of the room. Please don't wake up. I knew that she needed to talk about what happened at the ranch to stop her from having nightmares. That's what she did with me, she made me talk to her about it. But I didn't want her to talk to me about it, I wanted her to talk to someone else; Louis. She was close with him, maybe he could help.

I crept down the hallway and up the stairs to Louis' room. I gently pushed the door open. His room was pitch black, but I could make out where his bed was. I crept up to his bed and managed to see where his head was. He was asleep.

"Louis," I whispered and shook him awake.

"Huh? What? What's going on?" He frantically shot up from his bed and turned his head to look at me. "Oh, hey little man. What's up?"

He sighed with relief as he saw I wasn't panicking. However, I explained the situation, "Please can you help me? I just need a small favour."

"At this hour?"

"It's for Clem."

"What is it?"