CHAPTER TWO

BEYONCÉ GISELLE KNOWLES
Friday, August 16th 2018||2:00pm

Sipping on my wine and crossing my legs, I listened carefully to Ms Carol's story about her life after my mom and I started touring. We've talked only for thirty minutes while waiting for the other guests and we've already said half of the things that happened in our lives, whether good or bad. But the more she said, the more intrigued I got. She had so much to say that I doubt today will suffice.

" Then, when I went back to search Onika at the airport with Doris, may her soul rest in peace—" Ms Carol started but got cut by my mother.

" Sorry to interrupt, but I can't recall the reason why Onika left .. It's slipping away from my memories. " My mom said curiously.

Ms Carol mouth formed a straight line, her yet beautiful permanent smile fading away. " Well she—"

" Hey mom. " We heard a high pitched voice coming from the door of living room, making us snap our heads back at it source.

A woman was standing at the door. It would be insulting to say that she was pretty. She was beautiful, no, even, perfect. Her almond-shaped eyes were accentuated by a thick liner and long lashes, her small nose was placed perfectly on the center of her face, between two chubby looking cheeks. But the prettiest thing on her round face was her plump lips, flattered by the baby pink lipgloss she had chosen to rock.

She wore a high waisted jean that showed her perfect curves with a white crop top teasing eyes by revealing a bit of her cleavage and completed the look with her long black heels. Her dark curls were widely adventuring her shoulders and back. She was extremely gorgeous.

" Oh Onika you're finally here ! Look who's here ! " Her mother said, acting like she wasn't about to spill the biggest tea ever. I guess we'll never know.

Onika analyzed the room, squinting her eyes and smiled widely once they met my mom's. " Ms Tina ! " she squealed like a baby and took her for a warm and long embrace. " I missed you so much. "

" I missed you too my big baby. " My mother answered. " You became a real woman, tits and ass went out. "

Onika blushed a little bit, I guess taken by by my mom's bluntness and pouted. " Heey ! Don't talk about it like that please it's embarrassing. "

My mom cracked a laugh with Ms Carol. " Okay okay, sorry. " She mimed closing her mouth with a key and tossing it.

Onika chuckled and once her glare got on me, her smile disappeared. She stared at me with a look that translated ... Shock ? Anger ? Joy ? Excitement ? Deception ? All of the above ? I was seriously embarrassed and felt so bad. No one ever did that to me, no one. No one ever intimidated me with their stares, no one ever made me feel bad for nothing—even less with a look; no one ever spoke to me through glances. Even not my husband.

" You're not going to say hi Onika ? " Her mother said frowning. I turned my head to her, then to my mom, trying to gain an explanation on the weird situation.

" Hi, Beyoncé. " Onika said staring at me. If stares killed, I would probably be at Heaven or Hell right now.

" Hum, hi? Onika?" I said, and she finally looked away.

" Mama, I'll be in my room." She said and stormed off, not even waiting for Ms Carol's answer.

The room was filled with silence, every one was trying out to understand what was going on. It happened real fast, from the happy Onika to the angry Onika, only by a glance at my face. What have I done ?