7 - "You think so?"

It wasn't.

Y/N had been up since the crack of dawn, determined to have everything done and ready by time they left. She had went over all her things, meticulously packing everything in her bag before setting it on the end of her bed.

Dressed in less formal wear, she had donned what she found to be the most comfortable; loose pants, and a white form-fitting shirt, along with the leather arm and shoulder guards Frigga had recommended. Y/N had also taken the time to fit a belt around her waist where she could keep her water container.

It was surprisingly comfortable. She didn't usually wear things of the sort, but considering that she would be on the back of a horse for the majority of the day, she was going to make it as easy on herself as possible.

When she had finished her own personal preparations, she made her way down to the kitchen, which was barely starting to get busy, in search of something light to eat. At the hour she was awake it was expected that not many of the staff would be up and about, but it was odd to see it so calm.

Of course Y/N had gotten up so early in case something had gone wrong or she had something else to attend to beforehand, and it had so far been going well until she passed the two princes on her way back to her room.

Both of them were dressed in their hunting gear, almost the same as last time except for Thor, who had taken the opportunity to put on a bit more heavy-set armor. The Tjener tried not to make eye contact as she approached them, only giving the two a respectful nod as she walked.

Loki brushed past, not acknowledging her and suddenly finding interest in something down the hall. Y/N could have sworn she had seen him grinning, but she didn't think too much of it.

That is, until she entered her room.

As she passed through the door she stopped in place, frowning. An odd feeling came over her, as if someone had come in and had been rifling through her things. Closing the door behind her she started going around her room, now a bit anxious.

There had been times in the past where another servant, usually someone new, had come and 'cleaned', resulting in several of her things being misplaced. After examination though, she came to the conclusion that none of her belongings had been moved.

Satisfied, she hurriedly grabbed her bag and did some double checking before slinging it over her shoulder and heading back for the door. When she opened it however, she was not greeted by the familiar sight of the palace hallway. Instead, what she saw was her room.

Startled and a bit taken aback, she turned around to see the exact same sight behind her. She closed the door, blinking furiously.

What?

She opened it again, but it didn't change. Eyes wide, she took a step through the door, glancing back between the two identical rooms. Already, her mind was whirling. She left the door open this time as she walked around, but there was nothing that she could find that seemed different. It was as if someone had recreated the entire room perfectly and stuck it right outside her door, however that worked.

Confused and still disbelieving, Y/N went back and closed the door, staring at the wood as her hand rested on the handle. Maybe she was just tired and her brain was playing tricks on her; after all, what she was seeing was impossible...right?

Taking a deep breath to assure herself, she again pulled the door open, only to see that nothing had changed. Starting to feel just a little panicked, she ran back and forth between the rooms, attempting to find anything that might tell that it wasn't real. One of them had to be fake- it just didn't make sense!