-Just Friends?-

Tom, your best friend, had been away for 3 months on a shoot in California and was finally coming home tonight. It had been four, almost 5 months since you've seen him because he had to be in London for another month previous to going to California, you could say you missed him. To be more accurate though, as cliche as it sounds, your heart really hurt without him. But he would be home in an hour and things would go back to the way they were, you literally are so excited you can't sit still. Also you happened to have a ginormous crush on him, but tried to ignore that because he most likely only sees you as a friend and won't like you like that ever. Not to mention he is famous and could have anyone, why the hell would he choose you.
————1 hour later————
It's been one hour and you have been jumping up at every creak, thump, and scuff hoping it was Tom. But then, a shifted lock in the door and a slight creak from the hinge filled your ears and you shot up and ran as fast as possible to the person in the doorway, Tom.
"TOM!!!!", you yell as you throw your arms around his neck hugging him as if you'd never see him again, "I've missed you so much.", you say muffled into his collar, tearing up a bit in pure happiness.

"Y/n! I've missed you so much too.", Tom replied sincerely while wrapping his arms around your body tightly.

You both hug for a few seconds, tightening the hug slightly before letting go.

"Here let me help you", you say while quickly swiping a small tear away.

"Awe, were you crying!", Tom says playfully.

"No", you reply while laughing.

"Mmhm", Tom says while raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up", you say laughing once more as he pulls you into another bear hug.

———
He is now settled in and you're both sitting on the couch with the news on as white noise while you talk.

"Tea?", you ask while getting up.

"Yes please, with a bit of-"

"Milk and literally ¼ teaspoon of sugar, please you know I know your tea preferences by now."

He smiles to himself, saying thank you as you make it.

"So how was California!"

"It was amazing, the cast was great and the directors have to be the best I have worked with if not ever, at least in awhile. It was really hard being away from you though."

"I'm so happy to hear! And yeah same here, you have no idea how much I missed you.", you say, really emphasizing the no idea part.

"This role was brutal, I had to work out twice a day for 2-3 hours each."

"I can tell", you say quietly nodding and raising your eyebrows to yourself.

"What was that?", he said with a light laugh.

"I can tell that it was hard for you! Uhm. You sounded tired during some of our calls!", you reply quickly covering up your stupid personal comment, "uh here's your tea".

"Thank you darling", he returns. Even though he says darling and love all the time, for some reason it always made you blush a bit.

———

You both continue to fill each other in on your updated lives which was all good and light hearted until it came to relationship updates.

"Anything new that's romantic?", he asks

You laugh and say in a poor British accent, "that's romantic"

He laughs as well, replying in an exaggerated American accent, "Do you have a man or a bae"

You playfully push him and reply with "nope, you? Any onset romances or secret relationships?"

"Sad to say no one wanted to date me.", he says while leaning more comfortably into the couch.

"That is a whole ass lie. I'm positive there were plenty of girls who wanted to date you."

"Maybe some, but none I wanted to. I have my eye on someone else actually."

"Ahh the truth comes out. Who!", you ask with your heart not wanting the answer. You stare at him, still smiling slightly, waiting for the answer as he stares back with a different look in his eye.

He sits up and swiftly moves himself to kiss you. You were taken aback at first, not believing what just happened. When he sensed your hesitation he pulled back and apologized for the rash decision, but you just smiled, put your hand on his neck and guided him back into what he started. After a few minutes, you both laid on the couch just being happy in the moment. You snuggle into his chest and he tightens his arm around you like when he first got here, but this time kissing you too.