Blind Date - Part 3

"Oh god", you mutter breathlessly as your mind races after the brief, but intense hook up along the side of the narrow hall's wall. Dusting off your shirt and readjusting your hair to be back to normal, you strut back into the crowd, your eyes scanning for your date.
Shit where is he.
You continue to look around, but with the camera flashes and fast paced crowd moving in various directions, things became blurry and your focus couldn't be tamed. Stumbling backwards slightly, you breath becomes heavy as you progressively felt more overwhelmed by the situation. But before you could fall or think of anything else, an arm grabs your side and readjusts you up.

"Hey, are you okay?"

You glance up to match a face to the unfamiliar voice and your eyes are met with a dirty blonded man with warm brown eyes and soft features. You are a bit taken aback and again, feel the need to readjust your hair as you felt yourself get flustered.

"Sorry to startle you, you just didn't look too well when I saw you across the room", he smiles.

"Oh no it's no problem you didn't", you reply smiling, "I just got a little caught off guard by the whole event, but no I'm all good, thank you"

You both continue to talk and you can't help but begin to notice his laugh which in turn makes you notice his contagious smile.

"Oh god y/n what are you doing, you're here with Tom", you quickly remind yourself, but before you can continue that thought, another arm comes to your side, lightly wrapping around your waist.

"Oh hey Tom, I was wondering where you went", you say after a brief cough, but gleefully look up at him as you melt into his light embrace.

The man who you still haven't gotten the name of quickly drops his hand from your arm as Tom death stares it.
The man mumbles and grunts before greeting Tom, "Hey! What's up Tom it's nice to see you, she just seemed a bit lost / light headed so I came over to check on her"

"Yeah, thanks mate", Tom says a bit coldly, while he does, turning you over to him gently and looking you over, "are you okay darling?"

"Yeah Tom don't worry I'm all good, the flashing lights and everything just caught up to me, really, don't worry", you smile up to him and place your hand on his arm, squeezing softly in hopes of delivering reassurance.

"Okay well good", you both hold eye contact for a few beats until the man who, Tom seemed to know well, coughs, breaking the moment.

"Well I better get going"

"Yeah okay I'll see you later", Tom says while pulling you closer to him, smiling at the man in a way one wouldn't describe as friendly...

Now you're the one who coughs to break the building tension.

"Um right well it was nice meeting you..?"

"Y/n"

"Right, well it was nice meeting you y/n, I'm Jake, stay safe in here", he smiles warmly once more at you, but when looking over to Tom, gave a more dismissive, uncomfortable, pursed lips nod goodbye, the one boys seem to do in any awkward situation.

"You're sure you're good?", Tom inquires.

"Yes! I'm positive, please don't worry", you look up to him, his eyes were enough to drive you crazy.

"Okay.. also I recommend you stay away from him"

"How come?"

"I don't know.. I just get a bad feeling, I've heard some things"

"What things?..."

"Eh it's nothing, but just some advice to keep in mind. Obviously you can do whatever you want, but be careful"

"Well okay, I'll steer clear"

Tom's face gives way into a smile and he grabs your hand, twirling you around.

"God you look stunning."

He pulls back to admire you, you blush as he looks you up and down and pretends to literally be blown away, stumbling backwards and putting his hand up to his forehead. You playfully push his shoulder, "Oh my god you are too much", you say laughing, "We're in public!"

He pulls you into his chest, your palm resting on him, your other hand in his. Now, with his mouth by your ear, he whispers, Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?"

You blush once again, but lean up to him to whisper, "Let's find out".

You could feel his smile radiate behind you as you brought him across the room to your previous hideaway.