-New Years Eve Party-

It was finally winter break and you and a few friends were staying in Cancun to relax. It sadly was only for a week, a few days before New Years Eve and a day or so after.

This New Years was especially exciting because it was the first one you were without your family, you could actually go to a party and mess around with whoever. whenever.

At around 9:30 everyone's getting ready. The mirror in the bathroom that was too small to begin with, was crowded around with everyone trying to do their makeup and check their outfits. You had attempted to come up from behind and look at yourself, but it was futile. Your compact mirror in your eyeshadow palette would have to do. Ughh this night wasn't starting off how you wanted, but you were determined to end it how you did. After another 30 minutes of completing the perfect look, you were ready to head out with everyone else. You didn't think this a lot, but you thought you looked fucking hot. Things were going back on track.

You all are at the party and having a good time, dancing and drinking to the songs blaring from the many speakers that surrounded the area. Then out of the corner of your eye, you see a very attractive guy talking with his friends to the side.

"Hey guys, let's move a bit more over here", you suggest hoping everyone agreed with your idea.

Thankfully they were too focused on everything else to question it and you were now in the optimal space for him to notice you. As you dance you begin to sway your hips a bit more, drop down at points, and turn around to catch his eye only a couple times to keep him enticed. You desperately wanted to talk to him though so you decided to walk over casually and ask him were the free drinks were. It was casual enough and you honestly wanted to just hear his voice.

"Hey, do you know where the free drinks are? I've tried finding them, but they're not at the bar"

"Yeah, over there in the back to the right. I know, it's so weird where the placed it.", the tall brunette man replied smiling.

o h f u c k. He was British. The things you wanted to do now.

"Ah perfect. Thank you", you returned, your voice slightly stumbling on the 'perfect'.

"No problem love"

Okay. You didn't even care at this point, you were going back to him and asking to dance or something. There was no way in hell you weren't going to try now.

You walk back around to the bar to get another vodka tonic, but set it down after a couple minutes and head over to him again.

"Hey I know this might sound forward and weird, but do you want to dance? I can't find my friends right now, but I'm still trying to have fun if you are."

"Sounds lovely", He smiles back, "Tom, by the way, you?"

"Y/n", you say locking your eyes with his as you both make your way into the center.

The lanterns hung up above were the perfect setting of dim to light up the party as everyone danced, you and Tom now getting closer with every passing minute. It turned into his hand resting on your hip, swaying with them like a subtle guiding motion. It was so slick and perfect, you felt great being with him. You both could feel the tension building up between you two, so thick it felt like it slowed everything down, but so intoxicating everything around you felt distant and blurred.

It was 11:59, you hadn't even noticed how much time had passed until the DJ blared a countdown of 10 seconds. Everyone stood watching the clock and the night sky until the clock hit 12 and all ears were met with firework flares. You looked up at Tom and he swiftly brought his hand down to your face with so much intent and kissed you.