01. Is That a Meteor?

"Roll out, donkeys!" Commander Iverson ordered the three cadets, who had just failed the stimulation. They stood shoulder by shoulder, facing Iverson with disappointed expressions.

A 17 year old girl stood beside her own team, watching her friends with slight sorrow in her [E/C] eyes. That girl was named [Y/N] [L/N]. She had one of the best grades until one of her friends were kicked out because of a discipline issue. He also had the best grades, but now that he wasn't here in the Garrison anymore, [Y/N] is now the cadet with the best grades in the class.

She was a pilot now since she had to switch roles because that friend had left. Before she was just an ordinary co-pilot. She was also one of the kindest student in the class, but she can be very stubborn at times. Besides that, she is pretty easy to become friends with.

"Let's see if we can use this complete failure as a lesson for the rest of you students," Iverson spoke loudly. "Can anyone point out the mistakes these three so-called cadets made in the simulator?"

A fellow student then raised their hand. "The engineer puked in the main gearbox."

"Yes. As everyone knows, vomit is not an approved lubricant for engine systems," He glared at Hunk. "What else?"

"The comm spec removed his safety harness."

"The pilot crashed!"

"Correct. And worst of all, the whole jump, they're arguing with each other," The Commander turned back towards the three. "Heck, if you're going to be this bad individually, you'd better at least be able to work as a team! Galaxy Garrison exists to turn young cadets like you into the next generation of elite astroexplorers, but these kinds of mental mistakes are exactly what cost the lives of the men on the Kerberos Mission."

"That's not true, sir!" [Y/N] jumped at Pidge's sudden outburst. Her hands were curled into fists as she glared up at Iverson.

"What did you say?"

Lance swifty clamped his hand over the shorter girl's mouth, causing her words to be muffled. "Sorry, sir. I think he hit his head when he fell out of his chair. But point taken."

Iverson turned to glare at the brown haired boy, and he stepped towards him. "I hope I don't need to remind you that the only reason you're here is that the best pilot in your class had a discipline issue and flunked out. Don't follow in his footsteps."

The [H/C] haired girl frowned at the mention of no other than Keith Kogane [A/N: Keefy boi. :>], her friend that had been kicked out of the Garrison. Ever since that happened, she had lost contact with him. She wonders where he is now, and if she'll ever see him again. They were close friends, even though at the beginning it was hard to become friends with the short-tempered boy.

"Next!" It was now [Y/N]'s teams turn. As she passed her three friends, she patted Lance on the shoulder, who looked the most disappointed out of them all. He looked at her and she gave him a sad smile, to which he meekly returned.

She then left and entered the simulator with her team.

─ ─ ─ ─

[Y/N] now stood in her dorm, wearing normal clothes instead of her Garrison ones [A/N: You can choose what you want to wear.]. She was looking through her bag at the moment, seeing if she is missing anything. A few snacks were in there, along with a notebook and a few sharpened pencils.

After double checking, she zipped the bag closed when there was a knock on the door. She threw her bag over her shoulder and made it over to the door, letting it slide open to reveal Pidge.