02. An Old Friend

The four sat on a cliff near the crash site. Pidge was looking at her monitor, while Lance was looking through the binoculars. [Y/N] sat in between them, looking down at the site. How did the Garrison manage to set up a tent so quickly?

"Whoa! What the heck is that thing?" He asked. "And who the heck is she?"

"Lance!" [Y/N] scolded and jabbed him harshly in the ribs with her elbow.

He yelped in pain, rubbing the spot where she hit him before going back into focus. "Right, alien ship. Man, we'll never get passed all those guards to get a look."

"Aw, man," Hunk said in fake disappointment. "Yeah, yeah, I guess there's nothing to do but head back to the barracks, right?" He stood up and turned, beginning to walk away.

"Wait," Pidge said, causing him to stop. "They set up a camera in there and I grabbed its feed. Look!"

Everyone leaned over her shoulder to get a look at the monitor. There was a man strapped to a table with a few Garrison staff dressed in hazmat suits. The man on the table looked oddly familiar to [Y/N], but she couldn't think of who he reminded her of.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He asked.

"Calm down, Shiro. We just need to keep you quarantined until we run some tests." Iverson's voice was heard.

Shiro. Why did that name sound so familiar? Shiro... Shiro... Takashi Shirogane! That's who he is! He looked very different, though. The last [Y/N] had saw him was when he was teaching the class about a year ago or so.

"You have to listen to me! They destroy worlds!" Shiro grunted. "Aliens are coming!"

"That's Shiro! The pilot of the Kerberos Mission!" Lance exclaimed. "That guy's my hero!"

"Guess he's not dead in space, after all." Said Hunk.

"Where's the rest of his crew?" Pidge asked.

"Do you know how long you've been gone?"

"I don't know. Months? Years? Look, there's no time. Aliens are coming here for a weapon. They're probably on their way. They'll destroy us. We have to find Voltron." Shiro tried to warn them, but none seemed to listen.

"Voltron!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Sir, take a look at this," An unfamiliar voice said from another person in a hazmat suit. "It appears his arm has been replaced with a cyborg prosthetic."

"Put him under until we know what that thing can do." The Commander ordered.

Shiro began to protest while struggling against the restraints. "Don't put me under! No! There's no time!"

"They didn't ask about the rest of the crew." Pidge said, seemingly disappointed. [Y/N] squeezed her shoulder lightly in comfort.

"What are they doing? He's a legend. They're not even gonna listen to him?" Lance asked.

"We have to get him out." Pidge said determinedly.

"I hate to be the voice of reason, always, but weren't we just watching on TV because there was no way to get past the guards?" Hunk questioned.

"That was before we were properly motivated," The Cuban boy told him. "We just got to think. Could we tunnel in?"

"Maybe we could get some hazmat suits and sneak in like med techs." Pidge suggested with a grin.

"Or we dress up like cooks, head back to the dorms, sneak into the commissary-- little late-night snack." Hunk tried, who clearly didn't want to do this.