:Chapter 14:

:Max:

After school we dropped China off at her house. And then Moon at her house before Noah drove us back to our house. The wooden house came into view as Noah rolled up the driveway. "Got any homework?" Noah asked looking at me.

"Nope did the homework I had in study hall." I told Noah who nodded. 'Meaning we get a free pass to do whatever we want to do which is pretty epic when you think about it.' I nodded in agreement to that. Once Noah stopped in the driveway I got out.

Noah and I walked up to the door and I opened it and went into the kitchen. My mother was sitting at the table talking with my dad to my surprise. My dad was typically at work at this time. But nope he was here sitting at the table talking with my mom.

Noah went upstairs while my mom turned to me. "Max honey, come here we have to talk to you." My mom said. 'Well I wonder how this is going to end up going. Hopefully it will go in the right direction and not the wrong direction.'

I nodded as I entered the kitchen and took a seat near both of my parents. "Is something wrong?" I asked. My mom nodded. "Ryne, he disposed of the rogue today." My mom said and I nodded at that. He obviously had gotten the answers he wanted and wasn't in a pleasant mood afterwards.

'But it still means that he has some answers for the rogue that had attacked us. He got some answers out of that douchebag.' "What answers did he get out of him?" I asked. My mother looked at my dad and he nodded at her before she looked back at him.

"Max, what we thought was true. The rogue admitted to knowing one of the alpha's kids from Black Crescent Moon was rumored to be moon touched. They carefully organized an attack to attack you guys. You just happened to be the one who hadn't shifted." My mom said and I nodded at that.

"Did he tell on who started the rumor?" I asked. 'With that information we can crush the rumor at the sight of where it started. Then handle the rogues and we'll be good.' I nodded at that as I watched my mom and dad waiting for the answer.

"No, he said his group's leader was the one who knew. Those rogues were just ones sent to do the dirty work to see if the rumors were true. They no doubt think they are true since not a rogue escaped." My dad said and I nodded at that.

The rogues knew I was moon touched. That thought sent a bit of panic into my mind. I was never a fighter. Fighting wasn't my thing. Being brave wasn't my thing either. It sounded crazy really. But I lived a pretty sheltered life. Even before I turned out to be moon touched.

'Noah was the more dominant one. Dalton was the dominant one. Even Andrew, the omega seemed to be a bit more ready to fight then we were.' It sounded crazy. I was from pure alpha bloodline. Yet didn't know how to fight or had a desire to fight. I prefer not having to fight.

Although it seems at this point fighting would be my only way out of any of this. Defending myself so I didn't succumb to the rogues. I didn't want to die at a rogue's hand. 'Your not going to die at a rogue's hand. I don't care if I have to fight to keep us alive.'

"What's going to happen?" I asked my mom. "We're going to send our most trusted scouts out to see if any rogues are around. None of them know your moon touched and they won't know. We'll make something up. I promise." My mom said and I nodded at that.

"And if any rogues are found they'll report back to me and I'll take a small group of warriors and we'll eliminate them. Your mom will be working on finding out who started this rumor." My dad said glancing at my mom with an affectionate look in his eyes.

'One day that will be like Pandora and I, and you with China. Dad holds so much affection for mom. But people find it hard to look past his rough exterior.' My dad wasn't heartless. He cared a lot for my mom. Enough to cancel a big pack meeting for their anniversary.