chapter 5

Song- Memories by Maroon 5

      Ethan's   POV

        I was shocked I didn't know  what to do because I hadn't expected that kind of answer from Addy.

        I thought at l least I would be  able to get her to have lunch with me  but I guess I was wrong .

     But I won't relent, she still had as much effect since last time and I promise to get her back before the  end of the our contract.

    What I still don't understand is why I treated her that way because I don't even have an explanation for my actions, all I know is that when I saw Rose in that sexy dress I couldn't think of anything else and when she came unto me I couldn't resist seeing as I haven't been getting any from Addy because she hadn't been in the mood.

  But I'll try to make it up to her now that I have the chance, heaven knows I looked everywhere for her and couldn't find her only for me to see her now after so many years , she still looked exactly the same, seems like life has been fair to her because it doesn't look like she aged a bit, she still looked like her slender petite 5"4 body, with black hair and big grey eyes, she just looked exceptional and her dress sense seems to have changed drastically, as far back as I can remember, she used to dress like a tomboy with jeans and big tops, but now she dresses like a matured woman, I still can't get over how breath taking she looked today in her black office pants and white T-shirt, she still had her slim waist with a little hips, seems like she even lost little weight around her mid section.

  All I know is that I would have to get her to like me if we are going to be working together, because this contract is a really big deal for my company, I can still remember the proud look on my Dad's face when I told him I was able to get the deal seeing as we have been planning on expanding our company, we have been planning on opening a branch here in New York as the main branch is back in Los Angeles so while I'm here organising this branch, my brother is back at home helping the business, I know I still have a lot to do here which is why my brother is in charge there for now.

   I guess I should head back home now but I need to stop on the way to get a takeout seeing as I don't do much cooking and I barely have groceries at home.

  Finally at the penthouse, I type in my password and enter the house, I just headed straight to my bedroom, went into the bathroom, changed my clothes and headed downstairs to the kitchen, done with eating I decided I could do with a little work, so I opened my Laptop and went straight to my emails, I saw that my assistant had sent me some work to do, even as I wasn't around my assistant and brother sometimes send me some important work to proof read or work on.

  After sometime I decided to check my messages on my phone, I saw my sister had messaged me saying she would come next week, as she would be working here with me in New York she just had to finalise some things before she finally come to stay, but I'm sure one of the reasons she's coming here is to escape the clutches of my parents, they still think of as a child even if she is twenty four, she has always been one to look for any opportunity to get out and seeing one she couldn't let it slip off her fingers.

I texted her back letting her know that I would come pick her up from the airport once she arrives.

I decided to check Addison on social media seeing I can't get her off my mind, I looked her up on facebook and instagram but I couldn't find her so I checked Addy Stone instead of Williams as that had been the name she was using back then only for me to find out she's Mr Stone's daughter, and behold I found her page but it was private, before I could even think about it my hand had already pressed the request button so I left it, what's done is done all I can do now is pray she accepts it, but knowing her I doubt she would that's hoping she won't even block me.

     I woke up to sound of my alarm ringing and checked the time to see it was six am, I went into the bathroom and came out, I decided to put on a white Chinos, black loose shirt and sneakers, and not my usual suit I  always put on, I dressed casually today seeing that I would be going to the site where my new office building would be to check things out and there would be no need for me to dress so formal.

  I went downstairs and decided to make myself a cup of coffee before I head out, once I was done I grabbed my car keys and went out, stopping on the way outside to greet the security and tell him to open the gate while I pick up my car from the garage.

  I finally got to the site and saw one of the workers running towards me

  "Good morning sir"  he greeted.

I nodded at him as he began to show me around on getting to the fifth floor we entered a very large office which would be my office and I told him where I wanted my desk to be, while my shelf would be on the left hand side of my desk while a large couch would be opposite and of course the would be a Fridge next to it.

Once I was satisfied with the descriptions I gave him, we decided to move on and check the other parts of the building, I knew it was going to take time before the building is finished so once my Sister gets here she would also come and let them know how she wants her office to be arranged which is on the fourth floor as the fifth floor which is the last floor is only me who would be staying here and my assistant whose office is besides mine though not as big as mine.

  Done with checking the building and other things I decided to go meet up with a friend of mine who has been bugging me to come see him once he realised I was in New York, but since I had nothing to do I decided to go see him and besides it been a while since I went out because since I came to New York all I had been doing was work, there had been no time for something else.

————
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and trust me it's going to get better, its a little bit hard for me to write in a male pov but I'll try my best.

Don't forget to hit the star button and comment, I would really like it if you recommend my book to others.

Love: Favour xx.