t h r e e

" i'm in too deep, can't touch the bottom with my feet. "
- why don't we ; in too deep

corbyn slowly opened his eyes. he was confused as first, but then he remembered everything from the night before.

he found zach next to him, looking at the floor. they were tear stains in his cheeks, and his eyes were bloods red.

"w- where is she?"

zach quickly looked up.

"i'm sorry, bud. she's in a better place now." tears were falling from both or their eyes.

"no! she can't be gone! i need her! i need my baby." corbyn whispered the last part. he was crying uncontrollably.

"shh. calm down, corbs. it'll be alright." the youngest comforted corbyn.

"shut up, it will not be alright! you don't know how it feels!" corbyn shouted, which brought the nurses running into his room.

once he had already calmed down, samantha - amanda's sister - got into the room.

"i'm sorry for not protecting her, sam. this is all my fault." the fake blond sobbed as the words left his mouth.

"this is not your fault, corbyn. accidents happen."

sam's eyes were bloodshot red as well, which obviously meant she was crying. her and amanda were always super close, so of course her death affected her a lot.

samantha hugged corbyn as they both started crying uncontrollably once again.

"please tell zach i'm sorry for screaming at him." corbyn's voice was muffled due to the fact that his head was in the crook of sam's neck.

"i will."

corbyn grew more anxious as the car got closer and closer to his house. he knew he had to answer all his kids' questions.

he slowly walked to the front porch and took a deep breath as he opened the front door.

both aniya and jack came running downstairs, her babysitter, allie, followed them.

"hi!" jack said excitedly as he jumped in his father's arms.

"hey, buddy." corbyn fake smiled, but failed to hold back his tears.

"don't cry, daddy." jack said wiping away corbyn's tears.

"where's mommy?" aniya asked curiously.

"she's sleeping, princess."

"but she's not in her room."

"she's in a better place now." aniya's eyes started to fill with tears.

"is mommy dead?"

"she's not. she's alive, right here." corbyn pointed to the girl's heart and then to jack's.

the father of the two hugged them tightly as he finally broke down to tears, and so did the kids.

word count; 403

-

author's note;

i told you i would include you as their babysitter SincerelyHerron sjsjjksjs.