four

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

          "YOU DON'T need to raise your hand, Scott." Hank said in a gravely voice.

"Sorry," Scott blinked. "I just have one question. Who are you? Who was she?" Scott quickly glanced at the vacant seat in front of him, referring to Hope. "Who is she?" he pointed at Christina. "What the hell is this? And can I go back to jail now?"

Hank rose from his chair. "Come with me."

Scott watched, star-struck as Christina and Hank left the room. After a moment, he followed. They walked down the hallway before departing down the stairs into another area of Hank's home.

"Forty years ago, I created a formula that altered atomic relative distance."

"Huh?"

"I learned how to change the distance between atoms." Hank repeated. "That's what powers the suit. That's why it works."

Hank entered the code to a door on the other side of the room, opening to to reveal the operations; blue prints, various bottles, and other unused gadgets.

"It was dangerous." Hank grabbed the Ant-Man suit, placing in the main countertop. "It was too dangerous. So I hid it from the world. That's when I switched gears, and started my own company."

Christina watched as Scott looked around the room in amazement. "Pym Tech!"

"Yes." Hank confirmed, walking away to grab two viles; one red and one blue before returning. "I took on a young protégé called Darren Cross."

"Darren Cross." Scott repeated. "He's a big deal."

"But before he was a big deal, he was my assistant. I saw something in him. The son I never had, perhaps. He was brilliant. But as we became close, he began to suspect I wasn't telling him everything. He heard rumours about what was called the Pym Particle."

Hank held up a small tube, filled with red liquid. "And he became obsessed with recreating my formula. But, I wouldn't help him. So, he conspired against me and he voted me out of my own company."

"How could he do that?" Scott wondered.

"The board's chairman is my daughter, Hope. She was the deciding vote. But she came back to me when she saw how close Cross was to cracking my formula. The process is highly violative.

"If one isn't protected by a specialized helmet, it can affect the brain's chemistry. I don't think Darren realizes this and you know, he's not the most stable guy to begin with."

"So, what do you want from me?" Scott asked, glancing between the two when Christina moved to stand beside Hank.

"Scott, I believe that everyone deserves a shot a redemption. I gave Chris here one when I hired her to spy on you. Do you?" Hank asked in return.

"I do." Scott answered hesitantly.

"If you can help me, I promise I can help you be with your daughter again. Now, are you ready to redeem yourself?"